Criterion Discs

Started by Myxo, January 16, 2004, 01:14:40 PM

modage

In The Mood For Love

but, i dont condone blind buying. .... unless its part of a boxset where it makes financial sense.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Rudie Obias

band of outsiders
short cuts
fanny & alexander
the rock
rushmore
a woman is a woman
in the mood for love
tanner 88
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

cine

Quote from: rudieobband of outsiders
short cuts
fanny & alexander
the rock
rushmore
a woman is a woman
in the mood for love
tanner 88
you have no clue whats going on..

walrus, its all about the third man. end of story.

Rudie Obias

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: rudieobband of outsiders
short cuts
fanny & alexander
the rock
rushmore
a woman is a woman
in the mood for love
tanner 88
you have no clue whats going on..

walrus, its all about the third man. end of story.

i really don't, i've been out of it for the past 3 months....
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: themodernage02but, i dont condone blind buying. .... unless its part of a boxset where it makes financial sense.

Blind buying is what I prefer to do, and I don't know why.

Most rental places around here have shitty selection.  It's not like I have that much money to just blind buy whenever I feel like it, though.

I skip a lot of meals for the sake of films I've never seen.  I'd stop my system as soon as it stops working (so far, I've found a lot of great directors this way)
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

blind buying is the way to go if you can't get to the library. just go to the video store and read the backs of the covers that will tell you if you want it or not.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Bethie

Quote from: Stefenblind buying is the way to go

what do you consider to be 'blind buying'? closing your eyes, picking up whatever you can, then stuffing it into your over sized jacket?
who likes movies anyway

cine

Quote from: Bethie
Quote from: Stefenblind buying is the way to go
what do you consider to be 'blind buying'? closing your eyes, picking up whatever you can, then stuffing it into your over sized jacket?

Weak2ndAct

That so deserved a 'schiavowned'.