The Sopranos

Started by SoNowThen, November 19, 2003, 02:34:59 PM

Fernando

The Sopranos to End in 2007
Source: BBC News January 16, 2006

The Sopranos creator David Chase has said the show will definitely end after the forthcoming episodes. The 12-part sixth season begins in March, followed by eight "bonus" episodes in January, 2007.

"There will be these 12 (forthcoming episodes) and then another eight, and that will be the end," Chase said.

Chase went on to cast doubt on speculation about a feature movie version of the show, which stars James Gandolfini.

"We haven't talked about it in a long time. ... It's hard to see how it would work," Chase said. "I think what we're going to be doing the next year and a half would have been that movie."

Emmy award-winning Gandolfini, who plays Tony Soprano, said he was ready to move on. "I'm too tired to be a tough guy or any of that stuff anymore. We pretty much used all that up in this show."

RegularKarate

Quote from: Fernando on January 16, 2006, 02:57:25 PM
Chase went on to cast doubt on speculation about a feature movie version of the show,

"It's hard to see how it would work"

They're totally killing Tony off

©brad

Quote from: RegularKarate on January 16, 2006, 08:00:40 PM
Quote from: Fernando on January 16, 2006, 02:57:25 PM
Chase went on to cast doubt on speculation about a feature movie version of the show,

"It's hard to see how it would work"

They're totally killing Tony off

totally.

i just caught up with all of season 5 on DVD. the last 4 episodes are brilliant, especially long term parking and alll due respect (i would calll them two of the best ever. love the van morrison song that ends all due respect! can't seem to find it online though... :saywhat:)

©brad

who's excited for sunday?!

:onfire:

Fernando

modage

i havent seen it in a few seasons though i'd like to catch up, it doesnt look likely by this sunday.  i do LOVE the ads they've been showing around the clock with Nine Inch Nails "The Mark Has Been Made" in them.  INTENSE.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cine

since the beginning of february, TMN [our canadian HBO] has run 2 episodes a night of the entire series so i'm totally caught up now.

the season premiere blew me away. 

©brad

it was good.

what the hell was that song that opened the show? (and that played during the end credits). i think one of the the most powerful moments in the show are the ending credits w/ music (always great choices on their end).

does anyone else feel that often scenes end too abruptly?

Fernando

Quote from: ©brad on March 13, 2006, 08:50:44 AM
it was good.

what the hell was that song that opened the show? (and that played during the end credits). i think one of the the most powerful moments in the show are the ending credits w/ music (always great choices on their end).

Beginning of episode voice over.
Song: Seven Souls
Artist: Material, voice-over, William S. Burroughs

The official site has a link of the music in every episode. (that link is from last ep.)

So yeah, great first episode, I too think some scenes end too abruptly, anyway...

Winner of the Week: Meadow's dance in front of the tv.  :inlove:

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Fernando on March 13, 2006, 10:39:20 AM
Quote from: ©brad on March 13, 2006, 08:50:44 AM
it was good.

Beginning of episode voice over.
Song: Seven Souls
Artist: Material, voice-over, William S. Burroughs

The official site has a link of the music in every episode. (that link is from last ep.)

Thank you!  For the life of me, I knew it was Burroughs but I couldn't remember the name of the group.  They also did a track of Burroughs giving advice to young people.  Great track.

I know she's only 3 years younger than me but she still looks underage to me.  Watching that scene didn't feel right.

killafilm

:) :shock: :bravo:

bonanzataz

SPOILERS

ok, what the fuck is going on?! is tony gonna die this early?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Weak2ndAct

Hardly.  From advance reviews, it sounds like we'll get a extended dream sequence in the next ep. when he loses consciousness.  I suspect it'll take a gutshot for Tony to finally wake up to the fact that Junior needs professional help.  The real Q is: who's the FBI going to target next? 

killafilm

to lazy to find a better cap

EVERYONE

©brad

this one was BETTER(!) and arguably the best of the dream episodes.

edi falco carried the entire thing. she's incredible.

notice tony's voice during the dream scenes.