Post your DVD Deals

Started by SHAFTR, November 17, 2003, 11:44:42 PM

Ravi

I went to Best Buy at 5:30am this morning and bought The Simpsons Complete First Season for $11.99 and When Harry Met Sally for $9.99.

meatball

Wasn't the Simpsons First Season last at $34 bucks or so? That's crazy. Yea Best Buy's special deal section is awesome.

Waking Life
Quills
$5.99 each

Stefen

Last week I found a pristine used copy of High And Low Criterion for $3.00.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

meatball

Quote from: StefenLast week I found a pristine used copy of High And Low Criterion for $3.00.

Ridiculous. Where did you find this?

Stefen

Quote from: meatball
Quote from: StefenLast week I found a pristine used copy of High And Low Criterion for $3.00.

At a local video store here in Santa Fe, New Mexico. It was obviously priced wrong but who am I to say anything?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Ravi

Quote from: Stefen
Quote from: meatball

At a local video store here in Santa Fe, New Mexico. It was obviously priced wrong but who am I to say anything?

I'm always hoping I find a Criterion Salo or something in the bargain bin, but no luck.  Just copy after copy of Lost in Space and Fair Game.

SHAFTR

Today at BestBuy (same for tomorrow)
I got Fistfull of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, Good the Bad and the Ugly, Porkys & Young Frankenstein for $25.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

FeloniousFunk

www.dvdtalk.com:

DeepDiscountDVD.com has issued an amazingly hot coupon for the holidays - from November 27 - December 5 get an additional 20% off your entire order plus free shipping. To get the discount enter DVDTALK in the promotion code box at the checkout screen. The coupon is limited to one use per customer and limited to currently available DVDs only pre-orders and non-DVD merchandise are excluded.

penfold0101

Twin peaks season 1 including the pilot R2 £17.99 at play.com. I urge anyone in Europe to snap this gem up. I got the R1 version when it came out and it is the best quality picture, colour and sound of any DVD I've watched as well as being one of the most intriguing TV programs I've ever watched! Now they have to put me out my pain and release season 2!!!!
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

freakerdude

Quote from: FeloniousFunkwww.dvdtalk.com:

DeepDiscountDVD.com has issued an amazingly hot coupon for the holidays - from November 27 - December 5 get an additional 20% off your entire order plus free shipping. To get the discount enter DVDTALK in the promotion code box at the checkout screen. The coupon is limited to one use per customer and limited to currently available DVDs only pre-orders and non-DVD merchandise are excluded.
Killer deal. I have a bunch on my wish list for DD DVD. I think they have some of the better deals going.
MC Pee Pants

abuck1220

Quote from: FeloniousFunkwww.dvdtalk.com:

that's fantastic. criterions are $23 w/ that deal + their already low prices.

FeloniousFunk

If you already used the DVDTALK code for Deepdiscountdvd's 20 percent off deal, type in usatoday and get another 20%. Expires 12/05/03

oh snap.

SHAFTR

Quote from: FeloniousFunkIf you already used the DVDTALK code for Deepdiscountdvd's 20 percent off deal, type in usatoday and get another 20%. Expires 12/05/03

oh snap.

are you serious?  Can you enter 2 promotional codes in, where do you do that?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

FeloniousFunk

I meant that if you already used the DVDTALK code, you can use USATODAY and get 20% off on that order.

freakerdude

I was about to say! 40%??? Felonious saved me $18 yesterday on my order and I was going to place one anyway.

I might have to go back b/c I thought of one after I used the code.

Thanks again FF

$46 total for the Godfather Box Set but they're mostly all back order which I don't care about!

After discount prices and all are WS versions

Quantity Item #       Description                            Price    Status  
-------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ---------- ---------
    1   MCA021220    DVD : MIDWAY COLLECTOR'S EDITION $7.48 Backorder
    1   MCA022666    DVD : BIG LEBOWSKI, THE            $7.48  Backorder
    1   NLD005029    DVD : MAGNOLIA                      $16.32  Backorder
    1   PRD156474    DVD : GODFATHER COLLECTION, THE $46.08  Backorder
    1   SND050198    DVD : PINK FLOYD-THE WALL       $   15.35  In-stock
MC Pee Pants