Post your DVD Deals

Started by SHAFTR, November 17, 2003, 11:44:42 PM

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Stefen

Why would anyone want to buy that? Granted Criterions are cool but I wouldn't want every single one of them. The Rock? Armageddon? Actually I'd take the rest. That would probably bring the price down to $6,450.00. Thinking about it. I think i'll bid on it out of jealousy. F+++++
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Kal

Its still too expensive also... the avarage cost of about 28 bucks each buying the entire collection is not really a big discount... considering that already in eBay you can get several titles for 20-25 bucks...

I also wouldnt buy ALL the films... unless there's really an amazing price...

cine

Quote from: StefenI think i'll bid on it out of jealousy. F+++++
DO IT!!!

Stefen

Quote from: Cinephile
DO IT!!!

haha, naw. My feedback rating rules. they have hard boiled and salo. But the spinal tap looks like the new release and not the criterion.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

modage

Quote from: Stefen
Quote from: Cinephile
DO IT!!!

haha, naw. My feedback rating rules. they have hard boiled and salo. But the spinal tap looks like the new release and not the criterion.
its not. the new one looks like this...

plus, why would they say they have every criterion and ruin it by having 227, and trying to substitute one non-criterion version like no one would notice?  haha, as if that was the reason you werent going to spend 6500.  haha.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Well excuse me Bifocals. The picture was small. I actually never bought spinal tap. I only wanted the criterion, and not the other one. So post your dvd deal on a criterion spinal tap, so I can snatch it up.

picolas

Quote from: StefenSo post your dvd deal on a criterion spinal tap, so I can snatch it up.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=3396641008&tc=photo

Stefen

FU picolas. I said deal! Nice try though.

El Duderino

who would pay $250 for any DVD?
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Stefen

Quote from: El Duderinowho would pay $250 for any DVD?

Most people on here would pay that for the original empire strikes back on dvd. Nerds.

cine

Quote from: StefenMost people on here would pay that for the original empire strikes back on dvd. Nerds.
I'd do that, but then sell it to somebody for a hell of a lot more than I paid for it.