Post your DVD Deals

Started by SHAFTR, November 17, 2003, 11:44:42 PM

SHAFTR

I know that most people here are dvd collectors.  I think we should help each other out.  If you find a deal at a major store (Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, websites), post it on here so we can all know about it.

This week until 11/29, Best Buy has 20% off selected Box Sets and Paramount films.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

cine

Amazon.ca has great deals. DVDs are 30% before they're released. So Criterions are very cheap if you pre-order them :-D

aclockworkjj

my local video store has 35-70% off their adult DVD collection...

SoNowThen

wouldja pick some up for me...??
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

freakerdude

I only go to scamazon when I can't find it anywhere else. They definitely don't have the best prices even with their free shipping for orders over $25. I usually save about $4 for music DVDs at Deep Discount compared to scamazon.

Deep Discount DVD - the best prices anywhere with free shipping. Be aware of older versions like std formats. They have the Deranged/Motel Hell 2 PACK for $9.36 and Reefer Madness for $6 all shipped free. I know lots of you are dying for those  :twisted: . Seriously, lots of mainstream and rare movies with great prices!

Columbia House for the staples

Adult cheapies
MC Pee Pants

SoNowThen

I actually have to vouch for amazon canada. free delivery, and like someone else said, if you pre-order you get great deals on the more expensive stuff, like Criterions.

also, I just ordered Once Upon A Time In The West for $18 Canadian. I dunno how good that is, but it seems pretty decent to me...

also, if you order with them, every couple months they send you a $5 gift certificate, which is kinda nice.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

nix

DVDplanet.com

35% off all Criterions all the time!

It fucking rocks!
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

kotte

//www.futureent.comIt rocks too!!
Cheap and shipping's free of charge.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: freakerdudeAdult cheapies
that's what i am talkin' bout!  

:::slids ya a pabst:::

Kal

Best Buy has really good prices always... specially on new releases... also they have almost everything at their store or at bestbuy.com with free shipping...

If not, Columbia House has good deals

Raikus

Here's some upcoming "Black Friday" deals (meaning this Friday).

Circuit City
DVDs - from 6am-Noon:
$12.99
Lion King
Bringing Down the House
Chicago
Charlie's Angel's Full throttle

All Day:
Buy 1 Get 1 Free
Get Shorty
The Birdcage
Ronin
Y Tu Mama Tambien
Rocky
Showgirls
Thomas Crown Affair
Battle Brittain
Robocop
Original Sin
All Dogs go to Heaven
Four Weddings and a Funeral
Blown Away
Kalifornia
West Side Story

Two for $20
Catch Me if You Can
8 Mile
Ice Age
Spiderman
Shrek
Gladiator
Black Hawk Down
The Ring
Matrix
The Transporter
Tomorrow Never Dies
Legally Blonde
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Just Married
Christmas Story

Wal-Mart (6AM-11AM)
$11 DVD's: Bend it Like Beckham, Bringing Down the House, Daredevil, Lion King, Matrix Reloaded.

Good luck early birds.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

©brad

i just went to best buy to pick up some stuff and all the dvd's went up in price. i thought two towers was supposed to be $24.99, but it was $29. also, all the dvds that were normally $14.99 went up to 19.99. wtf?!? :(

MacGuffin

Quote from: ©bradi just went to best buy to pick up some stuff and all the dvd's went up in price. i thought two towers was supposed to be $24.99, but it was $29. also, all the dvds that were normally $14.99 went up to 19.99. wtf?!? :(

Sales are for only the first (New Release) week.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

Amazon has Dark City for $8.99