The Directors Label DVDs

Started by KingBlackDeath, November 02, 2003, 07:00:11 PM

Pubrick

hey u, get back to work.  :evil:
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: themodernage02
http://www.markromanek.com/faq.html

are there any plans to release a dvd compilation of your music videos?
yes. a comprehensive dvd is currently in production and will appear in 2004. it will be released by palm pictures as part of their new 'director's label' series (the same label that just released dvd compilations of the work of spike jonze, michel gondry, and chris cunningham). there will be interviews with most -- if not all -- of the artists i've worked with, a full-color fifty page booklet, and an extensive assortment of bonus materials.

I heard rumors of a Fincher one as well, what others are being planned for later this year (or whenever)?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

meatwad

mogwai

hopefully not joseph kahn.

be honest, you all want one of Paul Hunter's.
context, context, context.

picolas

Quote from: meatwadhopefully glazer
other than Sexy Beast and the fantrabulictical Jahmayorickwhy vdo, whut el's did e doo?

mogwai

Quote from: picolasother than Sexy Beast and the fantrabulictical Jahmayorickwhy vdo, whut el's did e doo?
blur - the universal
massive attack - karmacoma
nick cave and the bad seeds - into my arms (haven't seen that one)
radiohead - karma police
radiohead - street spirit
richard ashcroft - a song for the lovers
unkle - rabbit in your headlights

and a handful of ads and shit.

:-D

picolas

oh nice.

way to get me all fan'd up.

I have a confession to make: Amarillo by Morning made me cry . :(
context, context, context.

mogwai

Quote from: picolasoh nice.

haha, yeah... but i think it's not enough of vids to compile on a dvd though.

Stefen

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: picolasoh nice.

haha, yeah... but i think it's not enough of vids to compile on a dvd though.

Thats about how many videos the cunningham disc had. I'd love to see a Glazer dvd.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Fishbulb

They should make a Hammer and Tongs Director's Label DVD set. It would be cool to have all their videos on DVD, their short films and commercials are interesting too.
Maybe they will do it closer to when the Hitchhiker's film comes out.

mogwai

Quote from: FishbulbThey should make a Hammer and Tongs Director's Label DVD set.
absolutely agree, supergrass's "pumping on your stereo" is one of the best vids.

meatwad

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: FishbulbThey should make a Hammer and Tongs Director's Label DVD set.
absolutely agree, supergrass's "pumping on your stereo" is one of the best vids.

speaking of hammer & tongs, has anybody seen their short film they did about Bon Jovi's pool cleaner? It's pretty funny, and i think Garth Jennings (1/2 of H &T) plays the pool cleaner.

I also doubt they would do thier Directors Label DVD anytime soon, since they are working of the Hitchhikers film.

modage

Quote from: meatwadspeaking of hammer & tongs, has anybody seen their short film they did about Bon Jovi's pool cleaner? It's pretty funny, and i think Garth Jennings (1/2 of H &T) plays the pool cleaner.
YES! oh man, that thing is hilarious.  when i saw badly drawn boy about 2 or 3 years ago they played that on a big screen before he came out.  it was extra funny because they didnt even use the screen the rest of the show, they just put it back up and he came out.  it seemed so random at the time, but really funny.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.