Twin Peaks: Season 2 (Uhh. I'm tired of waiting for the DVD)

Started by Myxo, July 02, 2003, 01:01:18 PM

bonanzataz

Quote from: penfold0101 on November 14, 2005, 04:31:32 AM
I've never even seen a VHS copy in the UK!
grrr maybe i should download them........ but i want the beautiful crisp, clean and vibrant quality of the season one DVDs!!

what a dilemma!

yallz bitchez need to step up. if you really cared about poor laura palmer, you'd have sat through downloads or crappy ep copiez. the quality iz in da show, muh fuckas.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

penfold0101

Lauras dead and nothing aint gonna change that shit!
Its FBI agent Dale Cooper that im rooting for!

I started the download and I watched one or two, I die a little inside knowing I'm not doing the episodes justice! All that vibrant colour gone! Those crisp clear edges ruined! The pin sharp sound all muffled!

Woe is me!
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

NEON MERCURY

man, i am so fucking happy.  over the thanksgiving holidays i went back to various hollywood videos and took advantage of their 5 for $20 vhs deal. you guys need to do this and get those hard to find films or whatever that dont have proper dvd releases in your region.  hollywood video is one of few places that has a "cult" section and they are getting rid of their stuff.  its fun to search through the stuff and find the good shit.  like these:

now i can watch the entire series  all the way through as much as i want to.   :yabbse-grin:  granted, i have the pilot dvd import and the season one dvds but i even snagged up the vhs pilot/film hybrid b/c i wanted the bonus footage for kicks.  now...david, you can take as much time as you need to master the audio/video of season two..i got completion already.  please, fellow peaks fans go the hollywood video and pick these things up-quick!

Figure 8

See, that can be really cool, but at the Hollywood Video near me, a lot of the videos (especially the older ones like the Twin Peaks ones) are all in really bad condition.  The video is all crackly and fuzzy and they don't work too well.  I guess for $5 if one or two don't work right, then it's not a huge loss, but it's still really annoying.

MacGuffin

Twin Peaks Season 2
Source: dugpa.net

I have heard back from a contact at Paramount stating that they hope to have the Season 2 DVD out by mid to late 2006. Apparently the holdup now (according to my source) is trying to get into Lynch's schedule to do the transfers as he is quite busy working on INLAND EMPIRE.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Twin Peaks Season 2 DVD announced!
Source: Moviehole

"Twin Peaks: Season Two" has finally been confirmed for DVD – years after it was originally scheduled for release. Yep, seems David Lynch has finished scrubbing the negative (Lynch wanted the print to look pristine before it got a DVD release, apparently), Paramount has rounded up some nice extras for it, and the plastic company has come through with some nifty packaging. So, it's a go.

The DVD – 'Twin Peaks: Season Two – Special Edition' – will be released in Australia on Thursday 2nd November, from Paramount. (They'll also be releasing 'Twin Peaks: The Complete Collection', which includes both Season 1 and Season 2, the same day).

No word yet on the extras, but since its called a 'Special Edition', we're guessing Paramount has slapped some stuff together for it.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

greenowl

Fuck me! Get it in my hands!
Last i heard he hadn't done the transfer or the CC, so this is great news.

sorry for the outburst. I've just been waiting to teach a TP class and i NEED the material.

MacGuffin

Twin Peaks Season 2 Update
Source: Dugpa

Moviehole and theDigitalBits have recently posted on their site that Twin Peaks Season 2 will be released by Paramount on DVD on November 2nd 2006. I did some digging and got word back from a reliable source that while Paramount is "working on it" no release date has been set as of yet. Based on the recent interview Lynch did with Amazon.com last month, I would be willing to bet that we won't see Season 2 on DVD until 2007 at the earliest. In addition, I have heard from sources that Lynch has not even begun to start working on the transfers. Below is a transcript of the interview with Lynch:

Interviewer: Another set that fans are very excited about is Twin Peaks: Season 2.

David Lynch: Right.

Interviewer: Can you give us some insight on the involvement you've had on that project?

David Lynch: Well, it's ongoing because we're going to do the 5.1 remix in the room and that hasn't been done yet. So I'm not sure when their release date is but we haven't done the 5.1 remix and I'm going to be involved in the timing and color correction so that it lives in the same world as the Pilot lived in, all throughout the series.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Possible Date for Twin Peaks Season 2 DVD

Tvshowsondvd.com is reporting a rumored date of November 21 for the second season of Twin Peaks on DVD here in the US. This is far from confirmed though, so take it with a grain of salt. We'll probably see an official announcement towards the end of summer if this timeframe holds true.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

When will season two of ''Twin Peaks'' hit DVD?
Check out today's Ask the Critic question
Source: Ken Tucker; Entertainment Weekly

A number of you have written asking when season two of Twin Peaks would be released on DVD. Well, Paramount says it'll be releasing the increasingly wacky, post-Who-Killed-Laura-Palmer season along with creator David Lynch's slightly more coherent season one (which had been previously available a few years ago) together in one package, sometime later this year. Lynch is involved in the project, and it'll contain some new, original features. What these might be is anyone's guess, since no one's talking and isn't nearly every release called a ''Special Edition'' these days?

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Comic-Con 2006: Twin Peaks DVDs Due?
A DVD producer dishes unofficial details during Comic-Con.

During the 2006 San Diego Comic-Con, DVD producer Charles De Lauzirika hinted that Twin Peaks would be returning to home video some time in the near future. Appearing at the DVD Sneak Peek panel held on Friday, July 21, he answered attendee questions regarding the association of his name and the David Lynch series in the program for Comic-Con. While he was asked by several of the studios he works for not to talk about his upcoming projects, he offered an unofficial confirmation that something involving Twin Peaks may indeed be in the works.

When asked by a fan to talk about the show and its possible DVD, he said, "let me see how I can answer that question. Here's the thing: I'm a massive Twin Peaks fan - I mean, you have no idea. I have been told I can say that something is in the works and that's about it. So good news is coming, but I don't know when." Another member of the panel asked if he was working on it, and he said, "um, yeah. Sure."

De Lauzirika also indicated that he did not participate in the release of the original Season One set, which was produced by Artisan Home Entertainment. "I was not involved in the first season Artisan release. That I believe was Mark Brantz and his company that did the first season."

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Would you believe Twin Peaks has been delayed?
Source: Moviehole

The "Twin Peaks : Season 2" DVD has again been postponed from release.

The DVD – in the works for several years now – was originally due out in Australia in November. Paramount were set to release it alongside a few other TV-on-DVD releases, like "Melrose Place" and "Beverly Hills 90210". But while those releases are still on target for an 11/06 release, "Peaks" is not.

According to the company, "Peaks" will now probably* bow in May 2007.

A few more details – hopefully, that's DVDish for "We're working on bringing you some great extras" - have apparently got to be worked out before Dale Cooper's highly hankered-for return to disc.

* Could be moved again at any moment.

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

xerxes

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: xerxes on September 15, 2006, 02:22:37 PM
Okay, I've given up. Season 2 is never coming out.

Yeah that blows. I havn't seen the show yet, but I have been holding out on buying the first season for that "complete 1 & 2" season release, which will probably be cheaper to wait for anyway. But it has its price as I now know.