Godless

Started by wilberfan, January 04, 2018, 12:00:07 AM

wilberfan

Frank Griffin, an outlaw terrorizing the 1880s American West, hunts down Roy Goode, his partner turned enemy. Roy hides out at a ranch as Frank's chase leads him to La Belle, New Mexico - a town mysteriously made up almost entirely of women.

Stars: Jack O'Connell, Michelle Dockery, Scoot McNairy

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on December 06, 2017, 01:15:13 AM
Watching "Godless" on Netflix. (Just started episode 3.) It's a very solid western with some excellent performances by Jeff Bridges and Scoot McNairy. It's written and directed by Scott Frank, who wrote Logan, Minority Report, and Out of Sight.

A surprise highlight: Merritt Wever, who was weird on The Walking Dead but has a perfect and fully realized role here.

I'm on episode 3 as I write this, and this is rapidly becoming one of my favorite productions (film, TV, streaming) from 2017, period.  It's got stellar production values (especially the cinematography), a great cast, and is a very compelling watch.   (And I know (and love) Merrit from "Nurse Jackie".)

Fernando

Pretty sure JB commented about it...

here it is!

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on December 06, 2017, 01:15:13 AM
Watching "Godless" on Netflix. (Just started episode 3.) It's a very solid western with some excellent performances by Jeff Bridges and Scoot McNairy. It's written and directed by Scott Frank, who wrote Logan, Minority Report, and Out of Sight.

A surprise highlight: Merritt Wever, who was weird on The Walking Dead but has a perfect and fully realized role here.

jenkins

he's quoted in the original post.

Fernando

jenkins

nbd i was defending his honor not throwing shade

Jeremy Blackman

It's been a while since I watched this, but I was happy with it. That finale was really something.

There's one bit of soap opera drama that just does not make sense, though. (MILD SPOILER: the love triangle with the teacher.)