Six Feet Under is SIX FEET UNDER and infested with spoilers!

Started by Sigur Rós, April 27, 2003, 01:16:38 PM

GodDamnImDaMan

R.I.P. Six feet Under.

In all honesty, this was the great series on television for the last 5 years.

I don't really enjoy this season that much, but overall it's amazing. I'm sad and kind of releaved that the show is ending. It's so emotionally draining.
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

grand theft sparrow

I missed the clips special last night, but on Sunday, I almost threw the TV out the window during the exchange between Brenda and Billy.  

I look forward to mopping up snot after the finale on Sunday.

bonanzataz

it's over. it's over and that's the end of that.

spoiler
that whole sequence with everybody dying was definitely in claire's head. it may have seemed like that was what was really going to happen to those characters when they died, but that was only for fans of the show who wanted a concrete ending. there were several shots showing claire's reaction to what she was thinking b/c the real fans know six feet under can't have a concrete ending. we can't know how they really all die b/c that doesn't allow us to have our own insights into our favorite characters' futures. what we saw were claire's insights into the future, not our own.
end spoilers

but yeah, that was a nice way to end the show. so much more could have happened had there been a sixth season. but there wasn't. b/c everything has an end. especially this post.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Reinhold

i thought it was brilliantly ended.

spoiler
i loved it when nate was singing in claire's dream, but i was scared for a minute that they'd end the show that way. the sequence was really quite good. i didn't think they did as good of a job as they could have with the aging, but it's all good. the idea was there.  my mom was sobbing, but i just thought it was nice to see the show oversaturated for a change. the widescreen was nice, too. death happens, especially in that show. i think that those were actually glimpses into the end of those characters lives... not just what claire thought.

did y'all see any spin off potential that you think HBO might use? Six Feet Under is definitely over, but i could vaguely see them taking another show in a different direction following claire to NY or something like that. i don't think they will. just an idea.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

meatwad

i think that was a horrible ending. i thought the whole sequence was claire watching her whole life, including the future, flash before her eyes, leading up to her death, which would end the show

it seemed like some sappy bullshit to me

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: meatwadit seemed like some sappy bullshit to me

SPOILERS THROUGHOUT

The last couple of episodes from Nate's death to last week were overall better than this one but still... the epilogue felt right to me.

Six Feet Under has always taken shit in a different direction from what other shows have done in the past.  I'll begrudge them a sappy bullshit (ONLY in comparison to previous episodes) ending like that because their idea of sappy bullshit is showing a montage of the main characters' deaths in the last 4 minutes of the last episode, which I agree with Reinhold Messner is all in Claire's head but that doesn't matter because the deaths themselves were pretty much in line with the opening deaths in each episode (Keith getting shot in an armed car robbery?  Rico, Brenda, and David just dropping dead.) and it pretty much seals up that we're never going to see a reunion show or a spinoff show, thankfully.

But I had this sinking feeling, as soon as Claire drove away, that she was going to get hit by a bus on the way out.  That would have been awful.

EDIT:  Re: all in Claire's head.  Strike that.  Reverse it.  Thank you.

GodDamnImDaMan

Quote from: bonanzatazit's over. it's over and that's the end of that.

spoiler
that whole sequence with everybody dying was definitely in claire's head. it may have seemed like that was what was really going to happen to those characters when they died, but that was only for fans of the show who wanted a concrete ending. there were several shots showing claire's reaction to what she was thinking b/c the real fans know six feet under can't have a concrete ending. we can't know how they really all die b/c that doesn't allow us to have our own insights into our favorite characters' futures. what we saw were claire's insights into the future, not our own.
end spoilers

but yeah, that was a nice way to end the show. so much more could have happened had there been a sixth season. but there wasn't. b/c everything has an end. especially this post.

Dude, I don't know if it was all in Claires head. How can you debate that real fans know six feet under doesn't allow us insights into characters futures? Clair wasn't reacting to those the images in the montage, she was crying because she left home to go to New York. Also, If each death didn't give an actual date of death I would have totally agreed with you Bon, but the fact that it did signifies that it was a concrete end to each person's life.

I dunno, that's my opinion.

fucko.

bonanzataz

well your opinion is WRONG, BITCH! claire wouldn't marry ted, she hardly knew the guy plus she relocated to ny. when brenda dies and billy is talking to her, if you close caption what billy is saying, he's talking about claire and ted b/c he's still obsessed with claire 60 years later. yeah, billy's crazy, but i think he'd find somebody else to obsess about. when claire dies, she's in goddess mode in this giant bed with these photos on the wall like she made a giant success of her life. everything relates back to claire and what claire knows now. i feel like they never really defined whether or not that sequence was real or imagined b/c some fans of the show needed that closure while other fans needed to keep it open to their own interpretation. like a lynch film. i guess we're both right then, gd. but i'm sticking to my guns, mo fucka.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

GodDamnImDaMan

Okay guys, just for the record...

God Damn Im Da Man    1
Bonononontaz                0

bonanzataz

mogwai

bonanzataz

um, why would anyone knock spielberg's best movie (not to mention dustin hoffman's best performance)?

GodDamnImDaMan

cine

well anyway, the deaths werent in claire's head. even HBO's site has everyone's deaths listed and mentions how claire did marry ted. everything was for closure on the characters.