Community / Parks and Recreation

Started by diggler, April 15, 2011, 04:20:04 PM

don't know where to put this, but i had a yard sale the other day.

i went through some ancient boxes and found a book i was given as a present when i was like 8 called 'great clean jokes for kids'.

and the author is 'dan harmon'.

i can't find any information on the book, or of him ever writing books, so i was just curious if any of you interweb geniuses wanna attempt to figure this out.

the book is so incredibly horrible and basically impossible to find any information on, i'm wondering if i have some rare shit he tried to sweep under the rug. because technically it is comedy, so it's not a huge leap to theorize it might be him.

Mel

Just name coincidence I guess, this Dan Harmon is coming from Christian community and not Community. Some other books of his: Man of the Bible, 128 Greatest Stories from the Bible, Life After Death... you get the idea.
Simple mind - simple pleasures...

polkablues

I went and wrote a whole post with Amazon links and everything, and Mel beat me to the punch. Anyway, I concur.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Frederico Fellini

Quote from: polkablues on March 16, 2014, 07:22:51 PM
I went and wrote a whole post with Amazon links and everything, and Mel beat me to the punch. Anyway, I concur.

+1 for effort.
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

ono

Yeah, so today it was announced that Community is coming back March 17th on Yahoo! Screen.

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-community--cast-announces-premiere-date-162306410.html

Double-episode premiere, then one episode every week after, for the 13-episode run.  Very excited about that.

Also, Parks and Rec premiered its final season tonight with a two parter which toed the line between vintage P&R and flash forward frenzy, setting itself three years in the future (well, two now, actually).  Werner Herzog cameoed in a quite apt part, too, so it's well worth checking out just for that.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

My first introduction to Herzog was "Incident at Loch Ness", so my first impressions of him were "what a good sport". He continues to be a good sport.

polkablues

Herzog acting is one of my great joys in life. If he and David Lynch ever acted in something alongside each other I wouldn't even be able to handle it.

ono

Strikes me as one of those Jimmy Fallon/Mick Jagger mirror things.  Or holding a microphone up to a speaker.

Hung out with some old friends this weekend, watched several classic P&R episodes.  This show really does well on repeat viewings.  Four episode we watched:

* The Fight - The most iconic shot of the series, I think.  Ron dancing while hopped up on Snake Juice.
* Flu Season
* Jerry's Painting
* Woman of the Year

Other great episodes:
* Pawnee Rangers - Ron vs. Leslie in scouts, and Treat Yo' Self!
* London

If I went on I'd name them all.

ono

Parks and Rec's final season has been really good.

This week's penultimate two episodes were out there, and one had a great cameo.  They've also been trotting all the greatest supporting characters in every episode.  This week Ethel Beavers got her due with the cameo role.

Finale is next week.  Sad it's ending, but the time is right.

ono

The Parks and Recreation finale was amazing.  Better than any finale I had seen in a long time (Breaking Bad, I'm looking at you).

In other news, here's the Community: Age of Yahoo trailer: https://www.yahoo.com/tv/after-avengers-2-age-of-ultron-perhaps-no-112608507155.html

polkablues

I don't know how many people here have stuck with Community, but for those who did, the finale was an absolutely perfect emotional capstone to the whole ride. It provided closure without locking any doors behind it. If this is all the Community we're ever going to get, I can live with that now. If "and a movie" ever comes true, all the better.

Drenk

That finale season, in general, was great. The new characters were good. The episodes had more space to feel like episodes. I didn't care about that new resurrection. Season 5 wasn't great. But Season 6 is one of their best seasons. And, yes, the finale is perfect. And emotional!
Ascension.

Axolotl

I only halfheartedly followed these last two seasons(and skipped season 4) and even then I got choked up near the end. And then that end tag and the Harmon disclaimer. Dream Community finale.