NORM (great TV moments)

Started by RegularKarate, June 02, 2009, 01:00:08 PM

RegularKarate

Quote from: Pas Rap on June 02, 2009, 07:16:09 AM
Quote from: Gold Trumpet on June 02, 2009, 01:17:41 AM
I missed the premiere and I kinda am mad I did, but my favorite moment of Conan's old show was this:

Yea, I know it's more about Norm Macdonald, but classic and I've never seen Conan geniunely laugh that much during the show.

Oh  Norm is the best talk show guest

Definitely.  I have every appearance Norm did until around 2006 on my computer.  The Best ever...can't wait for his new show.

Pas

Quote from: RegularKarate on June 02, 2009, 01:00:08 PM
Quote from: Pas Rap on June 02, 2009, 07:16:09 AM
Quote from: Gold Trumpet on June 02, 2009, 01:17:41 AM
I missed the premiere and I kinda am mad I did, but my favorite moment of Conan's old show was this:

Yea, I know it's more about Norm Macdonald, but classic and I've never seen Conan geniunely laugh that much during the show.

Oh  Norm is the best talk show guest

Definitely.  I have every appearance Norm did until around 2006 on my computer.  The Best ever...can't wait for his new show.

You must have seen his appearance on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire ? (Regis costs him 500k)

RegularKarate

Quote from: Pas Rap on June 02, 2009, 01:42:58 PM
You must have seen his appearance on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire ? (Regis costs him 500k)

have that one too... so good!  Is there a Norm thread?

pete

I'm a connoisseur of norm appearances.  goto thefakenews.net for a good archive.  but recently a lot of the rare ones have surfaced on youtube.  I saw this one where he was telling old railroad tales and it was amazing.  His talk show materials are great, 'cause they aren't like his stand-up at all- they're just old stories and jokes that he modifies and they're amazing.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Tictacbk

Quote from: RegularKarate on June 02, 2009, 01:00:08 PM

wait...norm is getting a new show?  That would be fantastic news. norm is great in his segments before the melrose place girl comes out too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqYevJSmfm4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKvNigYCd1c&feature=related

If there isn't a Norm thread there needs to be, he is the best and heres the proof:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/5289625/8444adb/sharing.html

Oh also I thought Conan's opening bit was great.  He seemed nervous, but thats to be expected. I'm glad someone who deserves it is finally back in the driver seat of The Tonight Show.  

JG

i saw norm macdonald when he was on conan during conan's last few weeks, and it was just about the best thing ever, and so i basically watched youtube videos of the guy for days. i show everybody the melrose place bit. i'm excited to check all of these out.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Tictacbeekay on June 02, 2009, 08:08:54 PM
wait...norm is getting a new show?   

No premiere date... it's going to be on F/X.  It's called The Norm Macdonald Reality Show.
This is what Norm has said about it.

Quote from: NormThe premise is my career has fizzled into oblivion, so they give me a reality show, which I reluctantly take. So I have to date the Barbie Twins and do all this weird, retarded stuff. Now, I don't know how to drive in real life -my actual life- so in the show, they teach me to get a license, but maybe they get Lee Ermey to teach me; you know, some twist. Anyway, so during the driving lesson, I accidentally kill the teacher. And then all hell breaks lose. I start to become famous again, and the show becomes a hit, and the trial starts. I get my fame that I didn't want in the first place. But there's a lot of funny stuff in it.

pete

do you have the one with the railway story?!  That one was the best!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Gold Trumpet

I hope that show with F/X happens because it sounds amazing. I like him on TV, but his scripted shows for broadcast television have been so blah. I always liked the idea of him being more important to the public, but I don't want him having shows if it's at the cost of his personality. This new show could be his perfect platform though.

jtm

BIG norm fan here!

links to his roast for bob saget because i think it's the most ingenious thing he's ever done (in an andy kaufman sort of way).

couldn't find the end.  :yabbse-sad:

Bethie

NORM. constantly hysterical. always been one of my favs from snl. whenever he's on dave, I always make sure to be home.

that clip of him on conan never gets old. Im laughing as if I had seen it for the first time. classic.

the Saget roast, seriously, Norm is the only reason I watched.
who likes movies anyway

squints

Norm
Kid from Kid N Play
Arianna Huffington
Paul Theroux ( i dont' know who that is)
on Politically Incorrect from 1997.
That's fuckin gold.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

jtm

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pas

Quote from: squints on June 04, 2009, 01:50:11 AM
Paul Theroux ( i dont' know who that is)

me neither, yet it's Paul Theroux who's the best in that clip !!!