Attention Spike Jonze and Michel Gondry fans!

Started by Disco Stu, June 15, 2003, 11:14:24 AM

Disco Stu

If any of you are interested, there will be DVD's released in August for these directors (Chris Cunningham as well) that will feature their music videos, commercials, short films and others.  Here's the link:

http://www.showbizdata.com/messages/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=125

Apparently they're planning on doing this for other directors in the future too so this is a pretty good idea in my books.
I used to do drugs.  I still do but I used to too!

bonanzataz

wait wait wait...

ALL of them?

oh god, i'm shitting myself.

i have lots of gondry's stuff, cuz i bought that bjork dvd. but whateva. jonze is a must.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: bonanzatazwait wait wait...

ALL of them?

oh god, i'm shitting myself.

i have lots of gondry's stuff, cuz i bought that bjork dvd. but whateva. jonze is a must.

WOW THIS IS GREAT, i love spikes videos, what did it say about commentarys ??????

the best video he ever did was Skys the limit for biggie smalls , that has to be on the collection

Pubrick

don't front on chris cunningham, he and alejandro gonzález iñárritu can kick all ur asses.
under the paving stones.

picolas

Quote from: the linkNEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 24, 2003--Palm Pictures and renowned directors Spike Jonze, Michel Gondry and Chris Cunningham have announced their highly anticipated collaboration on a series of directors DVD's. Each DVD will be a collection of music videos, shorts and commercials, hand picked by directors, along with special features including interviews, storyboards, alternate versions, unseen short films, documentaries, footage and commentaries from various featured artists and collaborators. The first three releases under the Palm agreement will be Jonze, Gondry and Cunningham themselves and will be released simultaneously in August 2003, with plans to add additional directors to the series.

all?..hmmm...

BonBon85

I can't wait. I've been hoping these exact directors would do something like this for a long time. Now I just hope that Mike Mills and Tim Hope will release similar dvds.

aclockworkjj

Accoerding to imdb......on Spike...........Heir to the Spiegel mail-order catalog fortune

I never knew this.....and the rich get richer.....

jokerspath

Some say that's why he's even directing in the first place, he had the money to go do whatever he wanted...

I'm sure we can think of a dozen other rich children who are the same way.  Lets all be thankful that he has talent, though...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

aclockworkjj

Quote from: jokerspathSome say that's why he's even directing in the first place, he had the money to go do whatever he wanted...

I'm sure we can think of a dozen other rich children who are the same way.  Lets all be thankful that he has talent, though...

aw

That is exactly what I thought....I mean, yes, he is very talented, but when you are loaded with a fortune behind you....well, gives you a lot more resources than say....well, me.

chainsmoking insomniac

If only we could have a PTA music video collection..... :cry:
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

chainsmoking insomniac

I'm definitely picking up the Jonze DVD...fucking cool!  :-D

Quote from: punchdrunk23Sorry for all the posts....brain not functioning too well today...

Who is this other fellow?

edited by admin who encourage the use of the function instead of posting 3 times in 3 minutes.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

MacGuffin

DVD specs:

Continuing to push boundaries, Palm Pictures has just announced the launch of The Director's Label, a new DVD line celebrating the work of today's most influential filmmakers. The series will kick off in high gear with The Work of Director Spike Jonze on August 26th, a two disc collection of shorts, music videos and commercials. Also included are a ton of extras: the documentaries "Torrance Rises" (in preparation for the landmark 1999 MTV Video Music Awards appearance with Fatboy Slim), "Amarillo By Morning" and "What's Up Fatlip," plus a 52-page book full of never-before-seen photographs, storyboards, drawings and interviews. Retail is $29.95.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks