The Redemption of the Christ

Started by gob, July 03, 2006, 02:57:11 PM

gob

What if Hollywood recognised the economic potential of Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ and felt a sequel was in order?

I started doing this with my friends a fair while ago and since we started I'd then seen various Passion of the Christ sequel jokes in random places, Family Guy por ejemplo, which is a bit frustrating but hey. Hope you folks like it.

Pubrick

too much guns and blood for my liking but it's redeemed (pun intended?) by the occasional Sabotage-like scenarios, and the appearance of an actor bearing an uncanny resemblance to our very own picolas. i knew it was a good idea approving your account.. please introduce yourself in this thread.
under the paving stones.

©brad

hahah, that was hysterical.

very impressed with the action scenes, which borrowed from both michael bay and john woo (i mean that in a good way).

nice work.

RegularKarate

Very funny.

The premise is kinda played out and it might be about a minute too long, but as a genre parody, it's pretty funny.

Ravi

My advice is to edit it into a punchy 1-2 minute trailer for maximum impact.

Ghostboy

Quote from: Ravi on July 05, 2006, 11:15:34 PM
My advice is to edit it into a punchy 1-2 minute trailer for maximum impact.

Agreed. It's funny, but it could be even funnier. The John the Baptist bit is a riot.

Redlum

"Where's Pontias Pilate!?"

Excellent.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Reinhold

if gibson passes, send it to troy duffy.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

gob

Ha, Duffy would be perfect.

Thanks a lot for your feedback guys, yeah it is long (for a trailer), but there was a whole stack of good stuff that got filmed that I wanted to put in, I did actually cut out quite a lot of things, dialogue especially.

Cheers brad, The John Woo/Michael Bay stylee was exactly what we wanted to homage/take the pizzle out of and I'm glad that comes across.
Everybody seems to love John the Baptist (myself, in one of a few cameos)  :)

Any more for any more?

Gamblour.

I think when the Audioslave kicks in, it gets great. "Jesus, you sonofabitch" is a great fucking line, haha. I would cut the bar scene, but keep everything else.
WWPTAD?