in this thread i will rate your avatar

Started by sickfins, March 03, 2004, 10:19:07 PM

Weak2ndAct

Eternal Sunshine avatars are already beginning to dominate the site... And this was just a quick scan of a few pages :!:

Do I smell a geek-out of PTA proportions here or what?

Perhaps it'll be official when Kaufman gets a thread about his passion for basketball :wink:

cine

I'm glad you made the observation, Weak. I was starting to go nuts over it. But I feel better reading somebody else's rants.  :)

Weak2ndAct

I'm trying to decide whether or not I like this less than a page of animated av's.  

I'd say more (to make an official 'rant'), but as the sign says, don't tap on the glass.

MacGuffin

When complete domination takes over, I don't want to be left out.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Quote from: Weak2ndActEternal Sunshine avatars are already beginning to dominate the site... And this was just a quick scan of a few pages
not that it matters, but i WAS first.  i had this picture as my avatar in october, but resurrected it after seeing the film.  so booyah!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Weak2ndAct

When can we expect the Sunshine mosaic? (and I mean that not in jest, I dig the look)

modage

haha, i was thinking about it last night and got a handful of shots but didnt have the time to throw one together.  i didnt know if they were obnoxious so i just went simple.  i might do one though soon (if public demand is great enough, just kidding.)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02i might do one though soon

Well don't wait too long. It's only a matter of time before the flood of Kill Bill Vol. 2 av's take over.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Myxo

Quote from: Weak2ndActEternal Sunshine avatars are already beginning to dominate the site... And this was just a quick scan of a few pages :!:

Do I smell a geek-out of PTA proportions here or what?

Perhaps it'll be official when Kaufman gets a thread about his passion for basketball :wink:

Well, Jon Brion did score this film

Jon Brion scores PTA films.

Therefor, this movie will be 3482^2 + 8/2 good.

.. or something..

modage

alright, done and done.  although its not my favorite because some of the images are a little harder to make out and its not as graphically like POW as the sky captain, metropolis, kill bill ones.

cine

Quote from: themodernage02haha, i was thinking about it last night and got a handful of shots but didnt have the time to throw one together.  i didnt know if they were obnoxious so i just went simple.  i might do one though soon (if public demand is great enough, just kidding.)
And 45 minutes later, he's done.

Bethie

Quote from: Weak2ndActEternal Sunshine avatars are already beginning to dominate the site... And this was just a quick scan of a few pages :!:

Nothing wrong with that.
who likes movies anyway

Pas

Quote from: Cinephilesomething

Yours is a good avatar, that kid was weird

Pubrick

Quote from: Weak2ndActEternal Sunshine avatars are already beginning to dominate the site...
yeah, i remember when a whole movie wasn't spoiled in a single avatar. those were the days.
under the paving stones.

panthera_tigris

Hello. New here. Not much for words. Like the avatar?
The quality of mercy is not strain'd,
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath: it is twice blest;
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes:
'Tis mightiest in the mightiest: it becomes
The throned monarch better than his crown;
His sceptre shows the force of temporal power,
The attribute to awe and majesty,
Wherein doth sit the dread and fear of kings;
But mercy is above this sceptred sway;
It is enthroned in the hearts of kings,
It is an attribute to God himself;