Short Film - "Edit This"

Started by jasper_window, April 27, 2006, 07:21:35 PM

jasper_window

I shot this a few weeks ago on the new Panasonic HVX200, which is a great camera, by the way.  Let me know what you think...I appreciate all feedback, positive or negative.  Thanks.

http://www.lulu.tv/?p=4129

Gamblour.

Well shot, composed, constructed. But this seems like an office in joke more than anything. I dunno if it's simply for promotion or creativity. I feel like it's appealing to a very small audience (ie people who know what d-beta and a "one inch" actually are (I have no clue)) and is essentially utilizing knowledge that only a few people can actually laugh at. I didn't feel there was anything here, really.

Do you work for a production company that owns this camera or was it for school?
WWPTAD?

Ghostboy

Knowing what 1-inch and DigiBeta are, this made me laugh. In fact, the very notion of 1-inch videotape, outside of any context whatsoever, is enough to make me laugh.

Nice and short and funny and well made.

RegularKarate

Yeah, I've had to lug a stack of 1-inch to the CMR and load them one after another so I feel his pain, but I see Gamblor's deal, pretty inside jokey.

Did you shoot to the P2 card or HDV?  Did you try out the different speeds?

jasper_window

I work for a production company which owns the camera.  We shot to the P2 card, this camera does not record HDV.  This camera records DVCProHD, which I feel is much, much better than HDV, on paper and to the naked eye. 

The short is for creativity and because of the subject matter is being used, in a way for promotion also.  For me personally it was about the creative process-- writing, directing and editing-- keeping busy and productive.  Thanks for watching guys, I appreciate it, and I appreciate all the feedback.   

jasper_window

no we didn't shoot any variable frame rates, but we have shot some tests both-- fast motion and slo mo, and it looks great.

Pubrick

ironically, learn to use this button

under the paving stones.

ProgWRX

:bravo: Very well done indeed. I highly enjoyed it, but I can see how a "layperson" might find it confusing at first, but once the physical stuff starts to happen im sure anyone would be able to laugh at that.

i have a couple of shorts up on youtube, one of them i posted it here but the rest are in spanish and have yet to be subtitled, so i cant post em yet  :doh:
-Carlos