I like this board, but...

Started by Grand Epic, April 07, 2004, 02:29:44 PM

Grand Epic

Geez, the giant avatars. I mean, the board I come from, having such a large avatar usually means insant ignore list by all. They really make the board hare to read.

SoNowThen

I'm on another board where the avs can only be super-small. I hate it.

Here = good

You'll learn to love it.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Jeremy Blackman

Big avatars really shouldn't be a problem unless your using 640x480. And if you're talking about file size, an intermediate Photoshop user can easily get a 250x250 avatar below 30kb.

We've thought about restricting file size even more, but that would be a huge problem for the occasional animated avatar. And we wouldn't want to crush artistic expression.

Sigur Rós

Try changing your resolution to 1280x1024. That's my resolution and I have no problem with the avatars. But I agree the avatars are to large if you have a low resolution.

Pas

Quote from: Sigur RósTry changing your resolution to 1280x1024. That's my resolution and I have no problem with the avatars. But I agree the avatars are to large if you have a low resolution.

Then again low resolutions are for little pussies

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Pas Rapport
Then again low resolutions are for little pussies

Are you talking about my girlfriend?

A Matter Of Chance

I love xixax, but I don't think I've integrated.

Pubrick

Quote from: A Matter Of ChanceI love xixax, but I don't think I've integrated.
it takes a while to find ur place. i admire that u havn't overposted to get attention, or to make urself known before ur time. i think u've integrated nicely into the class of ppl like Link, Slick Shoes, fulty.

also if this is gonna turn into xixax-hate thread, consider it redirected.
under the paving stones.

Kal

I also didnt find my place... and I have my moments when I check the forum many times a day and post and participate... and sometimes I just read and cant believe how stupid some of the threads are... so I find it boring... I dunno... I still like you guys so we'll see :)

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Chest Rockwell

Big avatars? Well why don't you bitch and moan about it, GE? because that'll certainly change things around here.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Chest RockwellBig avatars? Well why don't you bitch and moan about it, GE? because that'll certainly change things around here.

Important notice: THIS IS IRONY

mogwai

chest's avatar comes to life.

Pas

Quote from: Chest RockwellBig avatars? Well why don't you bitch and moan about it, GE? because that'll certainly change things around here.

That man has been hanging with a bad crowd I tell you.

Chest Rockwell

I was just referred to as a man. :onfire: