Lost (spoilers)

Started by MacGuffin, October 07, 2004, 01:10:26 AM

MacGuffin

(keeps fingers crossed for molly parker)
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

Have we been watching the wonderful viral marketing of Mysteries of the Universe?

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Mysteries_Of_The_Universe

The videos are linked there or...

WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

OrHowILearnedTo

its only been a week and everybody in the world is sick of that joke

unless you made that mac, then good job!

MacGuffin

Quote from: OrHowILearnedTo on September 21, 2009, 12:31:01 PMunless you made that mac, then good job!

Neither made it, nor wrote the Idle Chatter tag.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Lost's final season will answer everything. Mostly.
Source: SciFi Wire

Lost begins its final season in 2010, but you may have noticed there hasn't been any preview footage airing on ABC. You'd think the network would want to tout the long-awaited conclusion. Actually, show runner Damon Lindelof insisted that they not reveal any footage of the final season.

"I think even a single scene from the show would basically tip what it is we're doing this year, and what it is we're doing this year is different than what we've done in other years," Lindelof said in a group interview on Nov. 16 in Los Angeles, where he was promoting the Star Trek DVD and Blu Ray. "That is the marketing strategy that we are trying to impose upon our masters. I can't unequivocally say that we will be able to hold the embargo all the way up until the actual premiere, but it's pretty cool that we're not showing anything as late as November, so we'll see. I think once the show actually starts, once we're back on, then we'll start showing people what we're up to."

Season five of Lost ended with Juliet (Elizabeth Mitchell) detonating a bomb at the Swan Station. Jack thought blowing up the station would prevent the events that caused the Oceanic plane crash. But the detonation in 1977 affects the present and continuity of Lost as a whole. Lindelof said the final episodes will be Lost storytelling in top form.

"We're kind of returning back to the same kind of storytelling that put us on the map in the first place and resolving some of these mysteries," Lindelof said. "I think this had got to be a record for how much patience people have, but the idea that we're actually getting to answer some of these questions creates this incredible nostalgia, especially when you're doing it through the characters and the actors who were there in the very beginning, so it's pretty cool, theoretically."

Lindelof intends to answer every mystery the show intentionally created. For the mysteries that fans have created themselves, the show can't help you. "I think that there are some Lost mysteries that we're not even aware are mysteries," Lindelof said. "That's the thing. People ask us questions and I'm like, 'What are you talking about?' 'What happened to Scott? Are we ever going to find out who murdered Scott?' It's like, 'Ethan murdered him.' They're like, 'Well, but did he?' I'm like, 'YES! Yes, he did.' So for the mysteries that we acknowledge as mysteries, they will be answered."

Then there are some "mysteries" that are really just fans reading way too much into things. "I think that there are some mysteries, like why is the island an island, that aren't mysteries to me," Lindelof said. "That's what it is. There are things like the midi-chlorian issue, which is essentially was anyone really saying, 'How does the Force work?' We just sort of accepted that it worked."

Lost returns to ABC in 2010.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Lost season premiere details! It's back in February

Huzzah!

ABC finally announced that the sixth and final season of Lost will debut on Feb. 2, 2010, starting with a one-hour recap special at 8 p.m. ET/PT, followed by the two-hour season premiere at 9.

Lost will then air in its regular time period, Tuesdays at 9, beginning the following week, on Feb. 9.

The complete announcement follows.

November 19, 2009

ABC ANNOUNCES THE PREMIERE OF THE SIXTH AND FINAL SEASON OF "LOST,"
WITH A SPECIAL ALL-NIGHT EVENT ON TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2

ABC announces the premiere of the sixth and final season of "Lost," with a special all-night event on Tuesday, February 2. A recap special will kick off the night from 8:00-9:00 p.m., ET, followed by the much anticipated two-hour premiere from 9:00-11:00 p.m.

The series will then air in its regular time period - Tuesday nights from 9:00-10:00 p.m., ET - beginning the following week, on February 9.

"Lost" stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Ben, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Ken Leung as Miles, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Terry O'Quinn as Locke and Zuleikha Robinson as Ilana.

"Lost" was created by Jeffrey Lieber and J.J. Abrams & Damon Lindelof. Abrams, Lindelof, Bryan Burk, Jack Bender, Edward Kitsis, Adam Horowitz, Jean Higgins and Carlton Cuse serve as executive producers. "Lost," which is filmed entirely on location in Hawaii and premiered on September 22, 2004, is from ABC Studios.

Skeleton FilmWorks

JG

edit: this promo contains no new footage

MacGuffin

The Lost promo ABC doesn't want you to see

Lost won't be returning for another few months, and ABC has just released a trailer for the series' sixth season that has us anxiously counting down the days until Feb. 2. But it turns out that there's a second trailer, one not airing in the U.S., that puts ABC's promo to shame.

Lost & Radiohead:

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

I watched that trailer last week and while it's "neat" that they're using radiohead, it's just clips from previous seasons with chessboard graphics crammed in... it's not anything new.

diggler

yea i don't think that they're showing any new footage before the premiere because seeing anything would already be "too spoilery". i give it points for being inventive given the restraints. why chess i wonder? i thought backgammon was the show's game of choice.

perfect song
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Pubrick

Quote from: ddiggler on December 07, 2009, 08:25:54 PM
why chess i wonder? i thought backgammon was the show's game of choice.

i guess they're being pretty literal when they say this season is a total game changer.
under the paving stones.

diggler

zing!

anybody been keeping up with the Rewatch Column on CHUD? i've been really enjoying this guy's recaps. worth a look:

http://chud.com/articles/articles/21772/1/LOST-THE-REWATCH-COLUMN-SEASON-3-EPISODE-22-amp-23/Page1.html
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

polkablues

He's no Doc Jensen, but it's a fun column to read.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Derek

Dumb Question of the Day:

I just finished Season 5, and maybe I missed it...but why do Locke, Ben, etc. appear to be in modern day after the plane crash while Jack, Kate and Hurley are in 1977? I'm referring to Dharmaville specifically...when Locke and Ben are there it looks loke it's been abandoned for a while and when the other three are there, its the heyday of the Dharma Initiative. I must have missed something. Any help would be appreciated!
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.