this is scandalous, not that godawful song, the thread

Started by Pas, September 15, 2005, 05:57:31 PM

polkablues

Quote from: petethis thread turned into a bad-musical taste safeharbor real fast.

Maybe from here on out we should only post about music we hate.  Save the guilty pleasures for a different thread.
My house, my rules, my coffee

cecilia

I am rarely so boldly controversial but here goes:

I get annoyed nearly every time I hear someone say something is "overproduced".  Most of the time people don't know what they are talking about and I am reluctant to take them seriously.  If they would just say that they wish it were produced differently or say how they wish it sounded more like whoever, that would make more sense to me.  If you aren't a producer/engineer etc. you really don't know how much that track was worked over compared to something else.  

I also usually dislike the "overrated" word as well.  Most people use that term inappropriately.
I just met a wonderful new man. He's fictional but you can't have everything.

squints

cecilia is overrated and overproduced

Arcade Fire = Overrated
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

polkablues

Quote from: ceciliaI get annoyed nearly every time I hear someone say something is "overproduced".

Seal.  When people say something is "overproduced", they're referring to Seal.

NEON MERCURY

>i think bjork is merely okay

>i tend to hate [or cant take them seriously] musicians that are younger than me [i.e. 27]

>i hate heavy metal

> i dont like white trash rock [golden earning, ac/dc, bad religion, bad company, edgar winter group, damn yankees, lynard skynard, etc.]

>  lenny kravitz is a douche

>  phish fans suck

Gamblour.

This isn't scandalous, but neon's thing about phish fans made me remember...I was at a Porcupine Tree show Saturday, and this couple standing in front of me started making out during this hard rock instrumental called Mother and Child. They weren't even singing along or rocking the fuck out. MAKE OUT SOME FUCKING PLACE ELSE.
WWPTAD?

RegularKarate

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
> i dont like white trash rock [golden earning, ac/dc, bad religion, bad company, edgar winter group, damn yankees, lynard skynard, etc.]

whathefuck?

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

polkablues

Quote from: RegularKarate

whathefuck?

Badfinger, maybe?   :yabbse-undecided:

cecilia

Nevermind.  I thought he meant Bad Company I missed that he already said that.  

Yeah, I don't think Bad Religion fits in with that lot at all, but I don't care for them that much either.  I would have liked them in the late 80's early 90's if I had known them then, I used to like Social Distortion back then and they are kinda similar to me.

Badfinger is way off of that lot too to me.   I lump them with Wings, Cheap Trick, Raspberries, Big Star, etc.  I admit to appreciating that stuff quite a bit, sometimes I liken my taste to a 50 year old man.  Jonesy's jukebox is one of my favorite shows on the radio.
I just met a wonderful new man. He's fictional but you can't have everything.

Pas

whathefuck?

Yeah I tought of pointing it out to... they're like the leftiest punk rockers.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Pas Rap

whathefuck?

Yeah I tought of pointing it out to... they're like the leftiest punk rockers.

haha, damn, i dont know what i was thinking i meant to say steppenwolf [or who ever sings that bad to the bone] song or born to be wild...i got them groups mixed up.  i actaully beleive that the song 'bad to th ebone" is the ultimate whoite trash song.  at state fairs where all white trash seem to congregate you would alwway ssee those wife beater t-shirts with a airbrushed pitbull on th eback looking all scary and shit with a big bone in his mouth and the shirt was bad to the bone.  thats the type of trash i was talking about.  didnt mean to say bad religion.

polkablues

Quote from: NEON MERCURYhaha, damn, i dont know what i was thinking i meant to say steppenwolf [or who ever sings that bad to the bone] song or born to be wild...

Ah.  Yeah, Steppenwold did "Born To Be Wild".  George Thorogood did "Bad to the Bone".