The Year Of The Yao

Started by Stefen, February 19, 2005, 02:51:16 PM

Stefen

Anyone heard anything about this? It's a movie about 7'6 Chinese NBA superstar Yao Ming, I'm a huge bball fan so this looks intersting to me, he had to overcome so much adversity to get where he is, and he's a humble, funny, and intelligent guy, the trailer is pretty good.

http://www.yaomingfanclub.com/content.asp?pageid=43
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gold Trumpet

I wonder how much money of this film got distributed to the Chinese Government. They dip their hands in all of Yao Ming's earnings and I imagine if this film is even being done indepedently, Yao probably got a good sum of money. So for Yao to do this, would the Chinese government have to give approval before?

I'm a big basketball fan myself. I found it strange that a  year or so after Yao showed up the Rocket's team colors changed to what looks like Communist red.

Stefen

QuoteI'm a big basketball fan myself. I found it strange that a year or so after Yao showed up the Rocket's team colors changed to what looks like Communist red.

Well, it's not uncommon for a team to change their identity and uniforms after landing a superstar. The Bulls did it a year or two after getting Jordan, the Cavs did it Lebrons first season last year. The Mavs did it a year after getting Dirk, even the Lakers tweaked their unis when they got Shaq and Kobe. I know the chinese government kind of makes Yao play for the chinese team during the summers, which is a drag cause you can tell he doesn't want to. He's so worn out all the time, dude gets no rest at all. Anyways, NBA allstar weekend is happening right now, it's gonna be a good weekend.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.