Scarlett Johansson

Started by ono, January 13, 2004, 11:16:22 PM

pete

http://imdb.com/title/tt0101864/

there is an unofficial The Gods Must Be Crazy 3, starring N!xau (God bless his soul), actually, he went on to make two more unofficial "sequels."
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

Quote from: meatballI don't like this girl.
you lose.
under the paving stones.

Finn

I just saw her in Girl with a Pearl Earring last night. She was really good by showing everything with her face since she didn't have a lot of dialogue.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Alethia

:shock:  :?  :(  :cry:  :roll:  :!:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:   :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

cine

I guess you'd prefer the boy from Satyricon?  :shock:

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Cinephile

:lol:

EDIT: She is a female and already adult.
Si

meatball

Quote from: ElPandaRoyal
Quote from: Cinephile

:lol:

EDIT: She is a female and already adult.

:lol: Please tell me you're talking about the Satyricon person.

cine

He's referring to Scarlet, pedophile.

MacGuffin

Lions Gate Nabs 'Bobby' Rights

Lions Gate Films has acquired North American theatrical and pay TV distribution rights to "A Love Song for Bobby Long," starring John Travolta and Scarlett Johansson.

The Shainee Gabel-directed film, which had its world premiere this month at the Venice International Film Festival, was produced by El Camino Pictures, which financed the project along with Columbia TriStar. According to sources, the financing arrangement gave Columbia the option of releasing the film through one of its distribution labels.

But Lions Gate stepped up and offered a domestic deal with a release date before year's end. Because the filmmakers and Travolta were eager to release the film before year's end to capitalize on the momentum sparked by its recent showing in Venice, they opted to go with Lions Gate. Columbia retains rights to release the film on DVD and home video.

"Shainee Gabel has directed John Travolta and Scarlett Johansson to the best performances of their careers," said Tom Ortenberg, president of Lions Gate Films Releasing, which released Johansson's "Girl With a Pearl Earring" last year. "We are proud to be associated with this talented new filmmaking voice and to be bringing her feature film debut to audiences across America this holiday season."

Set in New Orleans, "Bobby Long" centers on a jaded teenage loner (Johansson) who returns to the city of her childhood upon hearing of her mother's death. Expecting to find her mother's house abandoned, the teen is instead shocked to discover that it is inhabited by two men (Travolta and Gabriel Macht) whose lives took a wrong turn years before. Deborah Kara Unger and Dane Rhodes round out the cast.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Tom OrtenbergShainee Gabel has directed John Travolta and Scarlett Johansson to the best performances of their careers.
Dems big shoes to fill.

ono

So after the late Conan rerun went off, Access Hollywood or some junk magazine came on, and I caught a glimpse of Scarlett.  She's in a flick with Travolta, Love Song for Bobby Long or something.  Anyway, some pic where she walked the red carpet, she looked as great as ever, and she looked just like Naomi Watts (no big coincidence there).

Why does this matter?  It doesn't.  But it's 4 AM and I've got a stageplay due tomorrow that I didn't realize was due tomorrow so that kinda sucks and I'm still looking for ways to procrastinate and still get it done in the next 45 minutes.  If I had a way to post the picture, I would, but I don't, so I won't, and I'll just have wasted 30 seconds of your life, depending on how fast a reader you are.  Have a :) night/morning/whatever wherever the hell you are.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

that second one is very classic movie star beautiful.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

xanax?

she looks neat in hasselhoff's arms

Ravi

Its so strange to see her in those Calvin Klein ads.  She's gorgeous in them, but still.