Punch-Drunk Love script online

Started by Disco Stu, July 08, 2003, 09:41:04 AM

Disco Stu

If anyone's interested, the script is available online now.

http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/Punch-Drunk_Love.html

I don't have the book so I don't know whether this is the same draft or not but nonetheless, there it is.
I used to do drugs.  I still do but I used to too!

neatahwanta

Interesting...I just skimmed a few random bits...small differences of course.

Pubrick

i thought it was sposed to end with an 18-wheeler driving by and blowing dust everywhere.

that's not on this script.. so either this isn't the shooting script, or it wasn't scripted like the speech jim gives over Save Me.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Pi thought it was sposed to end with an 18-wheeler driving by and blowing dust everywhere.

that's not on this script.. so either this isn't the shooting script, or it wasn't scripted like the speech jim gives over Save Me.

No, it is the shooting script, but whoever transcribed it, didn't include that last page.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffinNo, it is the shooting script, but whoever transcribed it, didn't include that last page.

what brave adonis, cadillac of men, will supply us with the final page transcript!?

under the paving stones.

TheVoiceOfNick

I'm glad I can now read the script... i'm too much of a cheap-ass to buy it for $25...

Nick

MacGuffin

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickI'm glad I can now read the script... i'm too much of a cheap-ass to buy it for $25...

Nick

With this special deal (in conjunction with C&C), you can get it for cheaper than that:
http://www.newmarketpress.com/ptafan.asp
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

BackUpOffMeFoo

That way you won't have to pirate PT's stuff on his own freaking message board.

"I love PTA so much... Here is a free link to his blood sweat and tears."
Serious?

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: Amanda HugginkissThat way you won't have to pirate PT's stuff on his own freaking message board.

I feel his pain as an artist... its not fun when someone takes your work.  oooh... New Market Press... hrm... At 50% off I may even get the hardcover!

Nick

Disco Stu

Quote from: Amanda HugginkissThat way you won't have to pirate PT's stuff on his own freaking message board.

Oh, fuck off.  This isn't mp3 file sharing.  Pirating would be downloading his movies so don't give us this about stealing his work just because the fucking shooting script is now available online.
I used to do drugs.  I still do but I used to too!

BackUpOffMeFoo

Fuck who? Fuck me? Fuck you, disco stu! Even your handle is a rip-off, jack-off. The Simpsons would say your game is a shame to the name.

Don't give me your primate definition of piracy. Support your favorite artists and PAY for their hard work.  

Caaaaaaaaaulk sucker.
Serious?

TheVoiceOfNick

I must say, if PTA's scripts weren't published and for sale, then i'd say its ok to post them online and share it... since he wouldn't be making money on it anyways... he makes his money on the movies themselves, as well as the soundtracks. But since he's actually trying to make a buck by selling the scripts in stores, its fair to say that its not entirely fair for him if you download it... Is Hard Eight's script for sale? If not, I wouldn't mind reading it online... if he decides one day to sell a script of it, i'd go out and buy it... if it weren't too expensive!  :wink:

Nick

filmcritic

Hey, I was the one who found that address first! I posted it Sunday under "pdl scriptbook". :evil:
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

aclockworkjj

sorry...but the PDL script book is kinda garbage...(imo)....sure neat little thing to have, but if I woulda realized it didn't have any production photos, interviews, or just rambling from PT....I woulda just print the one offline (and not felt bad about it either)....although, that New Market deal is worth it....shit, I shoulda waited....too late, too late.

filmcritic

I just printed the script off the internet because I heard the book had just the script itself. 8)
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert