stupid but semi-valid question

Started by Tiff, June 20, 2003, 09:28:53 PM

Tiff

stupid question, i know, but why aren't dvds packaged in cd covers? why do they come in covers that are the size of vhs when a disc could easily fit into a smaller and cheaper case? i was thinking it could possibly be because of the portrait-type movie poster thingies but...ah i dunno.
anyway, does anyone know why?
"Shut the fuck up!"

sphinx

some dvds are packaged in jewel cases, but that's another story.  dvd cases are designed in several formats, but they're all generally the same.  they were designed to hold generally the same sized poster art as VHS, but take up less space altogether.  additionally, there are more places to hide anti-theft security devices in dvd cases than there are in jewel cases, which is partly why it was chosen as the standard.  another popular reason was that manufacturers were worried that if dvds came in jewel cases, people would think that they could play their dvds in their cd players.

Tiff

"Shut the fuck up!"

©brad

hey, what's goin on.

u know this shit always happens. it sucks being a trendsetter b/c as soon as u come up w/ sumthin cool some other dude comes along and does the same thing and then POW!- its not cool anymore. grrrr....

phil marlowe

Quote from: ©bradhey, what's goin on.

u know this shit always happens. it sucks being a trendsetter b/c as soon as u come up w/ sumthin cool some other dude comes along and does the same thing and then POW!- its not cool anymore. grrrr....
don't flatter your self.

Tiff

i just thought i'd tell u there's a difference if u didn't notice...
"Shut the fuck up!"

Pubrick

Quote from: Tiffi just thought i'd tell u there's a difference if u didn't notice...
2 differences, yep.

cbrad4d, 'fraid she's got u there.
under the paving stones.

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls