low audio capture in FCP4

Started by Sal, May 14, 2004, 11:47:58 PM

Sal

I record audio fine, and since Ive used different tapes for this, I know it has something to do with my fcp presets...but when I capture aud + vid, the audio is considerably quiet.  Are there volume presets Im not aware of?  help appreciated

mutinyco

You could always raise your volume once it's been captured... Or use a mixing board during capture...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Sal

the volume is actually so low that I have to double up 2 audio tracks into 4, which usually causes distortion.  So I know the master volume is fine, and it aint my speakers or headphones because theyre turned up to the maximum.  Im hoping it's just a preset thing.

mutinyco

Are you sure the sound was recorded at the correct level to begin with? Is this sound recorded onto your camera or separate? If separate, are you trying to import it into FCP or Soundtrack?
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Sal

hard in believing it's FCP?   :-D  I already said it isnt a hardware issue; levels are recorded fine, everything is great...until it's imported.  Ive even checked audio levels on my TV before import, played the tape back once I printed to video, and the sound was considerably lower.

mutinyco

Your computer hates you. That's the only explanation.

-St. Joe

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Sal

Quote from: mutinycoYour computer hates you. That's the only explanation.

i smell conspiracyyy

mutinyco

It's not me. I swear. Must be gremlins.

-St. Joe

Ghostboy

Sounds more like snakes to me. Where'd that mongoose go?

mutinyco

Quote from: GhostboySounds more like snakes to me. Where'd that mongoose go?

Up SoNowThen's ass...

-St. Joe