Getting down with TINITUS

Started by The Obstruction, April 02, 2004, 03:40:38 PM

The Obstruction

Getting down with TINITUS !!!

I'am about to get started on a script about a man who wakes up after a concert and realising that he now has to live with this pain in the ass diseas who makes his life in to a living hell.
I don't know how it's going to get from there but. it's like a sort of this,

the fall of the human mind

What is the oppinion  about this and the fact that i am going to put sound of tinitus as an underlaying sound towards the whole movie until he sticks a gigantic hole in his inner ear.
"I don't like the word ironic. I like the word absurdity, and I don't really understand the word 'irony' too much. The irony comes when you try to verbalize the absurd. When irony happens without words, it's much more exalted." David Lynch

kotte

Quote from: Dr. StrangeloveGetting down with TINITUS !!!

I'am about to get started on a script about a man who wakes up after a concert and realising that he now has to live with this pain in the ass diseas who makes his life in to a living hell.
I don't know how it's going to get from there but. it's like a sort of this,

the fall of the human mind

What is the oppinion  about this and the fact that i am going to put sound of tinitus as an underlaying sound towards the whole movie until he sticks a gigantic hole in his inner ear.

Sounds a bit too gimmicky...but hey, if you feel for the idead, go for it!

SoNowThen

One of our brutally boring documentaries that we made in film school was about a guy with this disease. I wasn't on the crew that did it, but he seemed like a decent fella. He was an immigrant old guy whose job was as a set painter on the Stargate tv show.

Btw, that sound will piss off the audience if you overuse it. There's gotta be a better (perhaps more expressionistic) way of doing it...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: Dr. StrangeloveGetting down with TINITUS !!!
he now has to live with this pain in the ass diseas who makes his life in to a living hell.

When talking about a constant droning tone through out the soundtrack -- which would be " a liviing hell" as described by you; why would someone willfully pay to experience something so boring,tedious, and annoying? sounds like a shitty idea in my opinion. unfortunately there is really no story here.
...your excuses are your own...

The Obstruction

Quote from: cowboykurtiswhy would someone willfully pay to experience something so boring,tedious, and annoying? sounds like a shitty idea in my opinion. unfortunately there is really no story here.

Yes you're right.
I was pretending to have an interesting idea, an idea who could get me out of this shitty piece of life, that im living, but none the less i now find comfort in this shitty story with big changes.

It's a man who can't express his feelings (yeah i now, not a very orginal story) but because he found the beauty in music,  he wants to give this inspiration to others by beeing a singer. He goes to singing leassons at an old opera snob who talks to him like he was garbage because he can't sing a pure tone.
But through a long discussion, we get to know that the man has tinitus, and can't expres his feelings because this tinitus is naging him. You see he has discovered the beautiful thing, but can't undestand it, finding something and undestanding is two differant things (in my oppinion) and the not understanding part is the tinitusit's inflikting on his feelings of the whole world.

Still it's just a thing im doing to get of this shitty life of mine, but write what you think anyway !!!!

"I don't like the word ironic. I like the word absurdity, and I don't really understand the word 'irony' too much. The irony comes when you try to verbalize the absurd. When irony happens without words, it's much more exalted." David Lynch

cowboykurtis

whats so shitty about your life?
...your excuses are your own...

phil marlowe

Quote from: cowboykurtiswhats so shitty about your life?
me, among other stuff

The Obstruction

Quote from: the real phil
Quote from: cowboykurtiswhats so shitty about your life?
me, among other stuff

Mr. cowboy what do you think about the Changes ???