cigs & redvines possible interview

Started by modage, September 03, 2012, 06:43:40 PM

Cloudy

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ElPandaRoyal

I'm at work and just took a quick look between Final Cut renders, and it seems to be another hit. Thanks a lot!
Si

Sleepless

These interviews really are gold, Mod. Do you have permission to get them published in book form, sort of like an "Unofficial Making of The Master." If so, you should. It could be the first book from the Xixax Press.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

max from fearless

I second Sleepless. These interviews have got me more excited than the Blu Ray extras and have more or less surpassed a lot of the initial interviews etc from the film's festival/theatrical release. Well done, Mod.

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Pozer

yep these are rich materials and produced some of my favorite reads on this movie. compliments.

looks like the behind the scenes from the blu are spoiled in the comments of this one. cue tyler reaching for the astroglide.

HeywoodRFloyd

QuoteHow close did you guys follow the response to them? Especially that first one when no one had even seen a frame of film to all of a sudden getting this two minutes of footage must have been incredibly exciting to watch the reactions coming back.

Not to be an asshole or nitpick with all the great effort you've put into these interviews, but If my memory is not failing me, I think we got just that, one frame of 70mm film of Phil dancing before we saw the teaser, right?

modage

On Monday we have the next installment of "Making The Master" with poster designer Dustin Stanton. (He also did the Blu packaging, hence the timing.)

He's been working with PTA since "Magnolia" designing nearly every poster/DVD/soundtrack/newspaper ad/everything since then (he didn't do the final blue 'Master' poster but nearly everything else) and we talked about his entire history with PTA, designing the posters for Magnolia, PDL, CMBB and The Master.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Reel

COOL! I'm actually looking into buying one of his posters right now...

modage

"Making The Master" Part VII with Poster Artist Dustin Stanton
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com/2013/02/interview-making-master-with-poster.html

I thought this was interesting, esp. for those Lena is an alien theories.
QuotePaul was really into Godard and French new wave as a point of departure. I watched a couple of those films. 'Aliens, love & violence' were some early words of direction.

modage

Cloudy

Who's coming next... :ponder:
From that twitter post:
One of my #MakingTheMaster wish list interviewees is in my building right now. Restraining myself from running downstairs to accost him/her.

...I'm fucking curious!

Champion Souza

Cloudy

Hey Modage, are you gonna be releasing more interviews?