broken social scene

Started by NEON MERCURY, December 24, 2005, 08:09:25 PM

Pubrick

all i can say is the blonde chick dances like elaine mixed with forrest gump. and i like it.
under the paving stones.

that performance was ridiculous. i think i saw waldo up there in the stage.
context, context, context.

samsong

go sit on a cock. you find just about anything to nitpick about unless no one's heard about it.

fucking asshole.  always overcompensating for the fact that you're mexican. shit, man.

p.s. i love you

samsong , i just hope you're still enjoying talking to directors at screenings, cos in a few years you'll just be serving them cocktails and cleaning off their vomit (sorry, no more cats for you ) from your borrowed red vest.
but of course you already know this, you talentless ignorant.
context, context, context.

NEON MERCURY

man, i am glad theres alot of people here who dig them...their shit is constantly in my car stereo...i like their new album rather than than the previous one...i just think its cool how they are a whole collective body of sound...but its very intricate and sopunds like nothing that i've heard before...everytime i listen to their shit w/headphones its layered and you pick up new stuff...i dont think i'll ever get to chance to see them live since, where i live, most people south of the mason-dixion line wont get it...sucks too, i think they would be incredible live and alot of fun...i heard they should have another album out by end of 2006 :yabbse-thumbup:

pubrick:  you should check out a song on their new album called "hotel"..i think you will dig it...its my fav.

samsong

fire eye'd boy and swimmers are sweet... it's all gonna break, too.  off the new album anyway.
love Lover's Spit as sung by feist on beehives... and You Forgot it in People is ridiculous.  Almost Crimes, man.
love bss.

samsong

pubrick, did you go to that broken social scene show on the 25th?

Pubrick

nah, i was broke from buying textbooks. your praise remains undisputed.

oh and they played again last nite at another venue which i only just found out about right now this second.. i doubt the chicks would've come with em anyway.  :yabbse-sad:
under the paving stones.

Gamblour.

Anthems for a Seventeen-Year-Old Girl is a beautiful, phenomonal song.
WWPTAD?

samsong

i downloaded their kcrw session.  it's beautiful.

JG

...so if you're wondering what the best band ever is doing these dayz and you're not up on your pitchfork, then here: they're presenting a series of solo LPs under the "broken social presents..." banner.  anyways, you can hear kevin drew's single from his album spirit if... here and read up a little on the project(s).  he's also playing with feist at the end of the summer, someone who i missed (oops!) when she came to boston, so i'll definitley be attending. 

last days of gerry the elephant