orgy chant discussion

Started by mutinyco, July 12, 2003, 01:55:48 PM

Fernando

Quote from: mutinycoI think I saw it about 6 times.

Five times here, and I might add that four of them were the uncensored version, that is without the digital figures and the original chant that Pook composed for the film.

mutinyco

The Pook replacement was funny. What was it originally, Hindu text?
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

bonanzataz

what is the pook replacement?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

mutinyco

The orgy music. The original chanting turned out to be sacred text, so it was replaced.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Pubrick

the chant during the masked ceremony is a backwards recording of a Romanian Orthodox prayer.

"Zisa Domnului catre ucenicii sai...Porunca noua dau voua...Domnului sa ne rugam pentru mila, viata, pacea, sanatatea, mantuirea, cercetarea, lasarea si iertarea pacatelor robilor lui Dumnezeu. Inchinatori, miluitori si binefacatori ai sfantului lacasului acestuia."

translation:

" And God told to his apprentices...I gave you a comand...to pray to the Lord for the mercy, life, peace, health, salvation, the search, the leave and the forgiveness of the sins of God's children. The ones that pray, they have mercy and they take good care of this holy place."
under the paving stones.

mutinyco

Go P. Either you did some good research or some good drugs...

-St. Joe

Fernando

Here's something I found at other board dedicated to SK, back then his daughter Katharina was a regular poster there and she clarified a lot of rumors about his dad and films, this is what she said about the orgy chant:

"It was a mistake. Jocelyn Pook told me, that originally the singer was
singing words from the Koran!!
Also, she recorded it some time ago, Stanley simply heard it and liked it.
NO-ONE realized that the text was the equivalent of the Lord's Prayer!
Stanley would have changed it IMMEDIATLY, if he had realized. My Mother,
Christiane, argued hard and long. There is no way that we would EVER wish to offend the Hindu religion, or to cause offence in any way what so ever.
I can tell you, that the film has NOT been edited. Joclyn has re-recorded
that section of music, with the same singer, using some neutral text that will offend no-one. I saw the film in Venice and there is no difference, unless you speak fluent Hindi I guess."

mutinyco

I read that too a while back. That's why I said Hindu. But it is funny that she somehow went from the Koran to Hinduism...

-St. Joe