of montreal

Started by tpfkabi, April 10, 2006, 10:17:48 PM

Gamblour.

The new album has really hooked me into being a fan. My girlfriend is seeing them next weekend. I'm curious how their elaborate, layered tracks will translate into a live show.
WWPTAD?

JG

they are pretty hit and miss.  the first time i saw them i could have sworn it was the best thing ever, but the second time was kinda lame, except when they closed the show with a cover of 'crazy' as the sun was setting in brooklyn.  that was awesome.   its better when they have live drums, which is the case with most of the satanic tracks.   but i don't think they play that CD as much anymore. 

i'm seeing them when they come to boston, their new CD's really good.  its been in my rotation even since it leaked way back when in september. 

Pedro

Quote from: Gamblour consider le fountain on February 18, 2007, 06:54:16 PM
I'm curious how their elaborate, layered tracks will translate into a live show.
Saw them on Friday.  They do a really great job not losing what makes the songs excellent in the first place.  They even pull off the 5 part vocal harmony on Gronlandic Edit.  JG brings up how they use drum machines now, which is true most of the time, but it frees up the band to do a lot more interesting stuff musically (like play two basses at once, for example).  If you're at all interested in their music, there is no reason to not see them on this tour.

Gamblour.

Quote from: Pedro the Alpaca on February 19, 2007, 11:56:03 PM
If you're at all interested in their music, there is no reason to not see them on this tour.

Other than I'm seeing Mastodon the day their here in Atlanta. But I would love to see them live someday.
WWPTAD?

JG

tpfkabi

Quote from: JG on February 20, 2007, 08:48:29 AM
great acoustic set

yeah, i got there late because the record store had moved since the last time i was there (2 years ago).

i just shook his hand and said i enjoyed his albums. now i'm thinking of stuff i could have talked with him about. i think he is a film buff because he mentioned The Life Aquatic on Pitchfork and i believe Bunuel is even in some lyrics of one, maybe two songs. i forgot to ask him what 'CCAA Booty Patrol' stands for or means.

i think the guy who got this acoustic set said he had a direct feed from the soundboard for the full band that night.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.