chris cunningham

Started by cowboykurtis, April 06, 2003, 11:34:51 AM

bonanzataz

that was just creepy. cunningham should make a horror movie.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Stefen

Quote from: taz.that was just creepy. cunningham should make a horror movie.

I wish he would have done Aliens Vs Predator.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Stefen

Has anyone heard any news on anything new hes working on? the only news site I know for him www.director-file.com never gets updated. He was supposed to do something called rubber johnny as well as a dvd or stuff for warp films but I havent heard anything. Is he dead or something?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Quote from: StefenHas anyone heard any news on anything new hes working on?

Go to page 1.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: StefenHas anyone heard any news on anything new hes working on?

Go to page 1.

Yeah, I've read about that here and at director file. Was just wondering if anyone knew anything more about the warp dvd or rubber johnny, since news and info on this genius is so scarce.

SmellyBoobFungus

any h.r. giger fans here? he was a huge influence on cunningham's stuff.

giger was the guy taht did the concept art for alien, poltregeist II (tequila worm concept art/production), dune, and species.

here's a brief glimpse at his work:
http://www.artsforge.com/gallery_new/giger/

some of my favorite stuff of his is a movie that never made it out of preproduction called The Tourist:
http://www.fred-katrin.de/giger/tourist/tourist.htm
Guy with spoon: My spoon is too big. My spoon is too big. My spoon is too big.
Banana: I am a banana!

Rejected

SmellyBoobFungus

Quote from: Stefen
Quote from: taz.that was just creepy. cunningham should make a horror movie.

I wish he would have done Aliens Vs Predator.

i fuckin hate paul anderson. he really puts 'video-game' movies to shame, he really does. some day, i'm gonna do a 'video-game' movie right.
Guy with spoon: My spoon is too big. My spoon is too big. My spoon is too big.
Banana: I am a banana!

Rejected

Stefen

Heres a great read. Also talks about how hes writing a feature script. Not much more on rubber johnny or ranxerox. basically a whole article on Cunningham sucking Blade Runners dick.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2004/03/15/bfmof13.xml&sSheet=/arts/2004/03/15/ixartright.html

Stefen

"Rubber Johnny documents a 16-year-old, inbred mutant's solitary existence, locked in a pitch-black basement by his ashamed parents. They are TV addict rednecks who occasionally feed Johnny and yell at him for making noise. Johnny's only company in the basement is his little dog. His dog's I.Q. far outstrips Johnny's, who is a completely insane, bi-polar imbecile. This abstract short film directed by Chris Cunningham and music by Aphex Twin is scheduled for release late in 2004."

Thats from director-file.com. Sounds cool.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Stefen"Rubber Johnny documents a 16-year-old, inbred mutant's solitary existence, locked in a pitch-black basement by his ashamed parents. They are TV addict rednecks who occasionally feed Johnny and yell at him for making noise. Johnny's only company in the basement is his little dog. His dog's I.Q. far outstrips Johnny's, who is a completely insane, bi-polar imbecile. This abstract short film directed by Chris Cunningham and music by Aphex Twin is scheduled for release late in 2004."

Thats from director-file.com. Sounds cool.

sounds like the sequel to eraserhead.....[he s grwoing up].....

Fernando

Warp Vision DVD.
Pre-orders are being taken now at Warpmart for their upcoming collection of Warp videos, which includes Chris's videos for Come to Daddy, Second Bad Vilbel, and Come On My Selector. Each pre-order will also receive "an original illustration" by sir Cunningham, including other goods and free postage. The DVD is released 27 September.

Stefen

Those are all on the director dvd. When is Cunningham going to do something new? He's starting to become underrated.

Pozer

Quote from: StefenThose are all on the director dvd. When is Cunningham going to do something new? He's starting to become underrated.

why doesn't this statement make any sense to me?

Stefen

Well, Rubber Johnny is finally coming out.  From director-file.com.

Warp Films will release Chris' new short film Rubber Johnny on DVD Monday, May 16, 2005. It will be released in both NTSC and PAL formats, available through WarpMart.
   Though they didn't confirm it in their current press release, a previous report said it will be available on the same day for download on Bleep.
   The DVD will have special edition packaging, including a full colour sketchbook with 40 pages of original Cunningham drawings and photographic artwork.
   Rubber Johnny, Warp reveals, is a 6-minute 10-second short film, featuring "afx237 v.7" by Aphex Twin, which can be found on his album Drukqs. It was shot on DV in infrared. The short film, according to warpfilms.com, "documents a 16-year-old, inbred mutant's solitary existence, locked in a pitch-black basement by his ashamed parents. They are TV addict rednecks who occasionally feed Johnny and yell at him for making noise. Johnny's only company in the basement is his little dog. His dog's I.Q. far outstrips Johnny's, who is a completely insane, bi-polar imbecile."
   The trailer for Rubber Johnny is on Chris's Directors Label DVD.
   According to Variety, Rubber Johnny has been sold to the Sundance Channel in the U.S.  Chris apparently also wishes to expand it into its own 10-part TV series.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: POZER
Quote from: StefenThose are all on the director dvd. When is Cunningham going to do something new? He's starting to become underrated.

why doesn't this statement make any sense to me?

was he overrated before?
...your excuses are your own...