The NO INSERT Posse

Started by NEON MERCURY, May 27, 2003, 05:11:36 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Secretary was sans-insert.

It makes it feel a little incomplete...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

bonanzataz

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobSecretary was sans-insert.

Yeah? well secretary also sucked. BALLS!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: bonanzataz
Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobSecretary was sans-insert.

Yeah? well secretary also sucked. BALLS!

Tomato, Tomoto.  You're incorrect, you're wrong.  It's all about interpretation.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

NEON MERCURY

..the bad side of inserts..

what sucks is that sometimes they put the insert in with the chapter names opened-faced so that as soon as you open the dvd case for the first time ...immediately your eyes glance and read of the names of the chapters....
on one instance on a blind buy i  read that the last chapter name it it gave awy the end of the film.........

bu tthats becuase i anm stupid and deserve it...... :bday:

MacGuffin

Quote from: MacGuffinWas it my copy or did "The Hulk" not have an insert?

Guess I'm the only one here who bought this.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

my dad got one for our "superhero flicks" collection, ours didnt have one either.  how cheap are they?  2 discs but no insert?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

©brad

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: MacGuffinWas it my copy or did "The Hulk" not have an insert?

Guess I'm the only one here who bought this.

oh yeah, the hulk is on dvd. i forgot about it.

how are the extras/commentaries, excellent?

Sanjuro

"When you see your own photo, do you say you're a fiction?"

MacGuffin

Was it just me or did School Of Rock not include an insert?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: SanjuroBREATHLESS
???
Does not have an insert.

Lost in Translation, kinda.

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: MacGuffinWas it just me or did School Of Rock not include an insert?
I didn't get one.

GoneSavage

School of Rock didn't have one.  I feel cheated because I spent the extra money on the Collectors Edition of that movie and STILL get no insert.  Now when I wanna start the movie in the middle I'll have no fucking clue as to what the name of chapter is and that my friends is a crime against humanity.  

I bought my Hulk from a video store previewed, they never include books in there.  My friend though got a little comic in his copy.

Myxo

Quote from: NEON MERCURYGANGS OF NEW YORK is insert-less

I returned Gangs as soon as I opened it, and realized this. I fucking hate DVDs without an insert. You'd think as a filmaker, that when your film got released to DVD you'd want a hand in the packaging and production of the overall look of everything.

See: Paul Thomas Anderson
See: Quentin Tarantino

GoneSavage

Did you buy it for the insert?  When I buy movies, I like to watch them, stupid shit like inserts are a nice bonus (Boogie Nights) but christ dude, if you're returning it to the store over that, I feel sorry.  Do you return DVDs that don't have art on the disc, and only text?  Do you?  DO YOU?

I don't see the big deal.  Am I to believe you all sit around all day reading DVD inserts?