PTA vs. RATNER????

Started by finlayr, May 29, 2003, 04:35:33 PM

The Silver Bullet

The burgers are better at HUNGRY JACK'S.

Of course, the Blue Crush visit was an attempt to get laid. Still, though. No cigar.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

phil marlowe

why did you put that 'i am not a nob' line in quotes.

you a twisted fuck.

Quote from: sickfinsi smell something askew

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: The Silver BulletI dislike Ratner. I like Jurassic Park. I saw Blue Crush in the cinema. I saw Blue Crush in the cinema...!

"I am not a snob."

you saw blue crush for the chicks

so what you should of said was

" I was horny "

The Silver Bullet

Ah, yes, but a snob would have chosen chastity.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Pubrick

a snob would shut the hell up and gimme their lunch money.
under the paving stones.

modage

for all you die-hard Ratner fans...

The "Rush Hour" and "Red Dragon" director talked with About.Com recently about what he's got scheduled next: "I just got the script for Rush Hour 3 today [June 3, 2003], so I'm going to read it tonight after I leave here and if it's good, I'm going to do that. If not, I've got a few other movies that I'm trying to decide which one I'm going to do. I'd love to do Dark Materials. I'm begging for Dark Materials. It's just a hard thing to tackle because it's so much. It's three great books. We're trying to figure it out. Samurai Jack, we're just developing the script. I love the script to Be Cool, which I'm not doing, but I'm interested in. I love it. I don't know, there's so much good stuff around". What can we expect in the third RH flick then? "They're going to New York, Paris and then another third place that I'm not going to give away that's going to be amazing. Basically, they're both fish out of water".

it sounds riveting.  what i like about Ratner is his fearlessness to try new things.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SoNowThen

:)

Scorsese always talks about getting the Fish Out Of Water scripts. "How come you don't wanna direct the Fish Out Of Water. The're fish out of water, it's great..."

Producers and their funny ideas.

Ratner and his funny ideas.

Funny.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.