Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

Alexandro

so I went to see radiohead two weeks ago in mexico city. totally spectacular of course, the only other concert i can recall being this awesome is actually radiohead in houston back in 03.

they had two concerts, I went to the first one, which most people agree was the best. the second day they actually fucked up in exit music for a film, tried to do it again and stoped at the middle and left it alone, they were pissed from what I hear, and I think this had an overall effect on the gig.

at the end they did something strange, I don't know if they do this from time to time or if it was just them being pissed. they closed the night with "creep", followed by cheers and screams from all the idiots in the audience, causing thom yorke to mock them and finishing the whole thing with: "have a nice life" (!)....I guess they deserved it...

tpfkabi

they played Creep again the second night in Brazil.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Stefen

I think it's time RH stops hating on Creep. It's to the point now where nobodies going to their shows just because they're the band that played that one song from the 90's. RH fans want to hear Creep because it's a really, really good song. In my opinion, one of the best songs ever written.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Neil

it's about time someone pulled their head out of their ass.  Fucking anti-radio boo hoo BBQ. thanks stefen for giving ups where necessary
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

a.santi

i was at their concert in Buenos Aires, it was really amazing, we've been waiting for Radiohead for so long here in Argentina, it was a dream come true for so many of us.

with all the anticipation i dont think anybody would complain about the concert, it was absolutely perfect, the sound, the lights, Thom's voice... even if the audience here is a bit too mad (i couldnt stay in front cos they started to push and i couldnt breathe at one point)

the setlist was almost perfect, i wish they had included My Irong Lung, just and Optimistic

1. 15 Step
2. Airbag
3. There There
4. All I Need
5. Kid A
6. Karma Police
7. Nude
8. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
9. National Anthem
10. The Gloaming
11. No Surprises
12. Pyramid Song
13. Street Spirit (fade out)
14. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
15. Idioteque
16. Bodysnatchers
17. How To Disappear Completely

First Encore
18. Videotape
19. Paranoid Android
20. House of Cards
21. Reckoner
22. Planet Telex

Second Encore
23. Go Slowly
24. 2+2=5
25. Everything In Its Right Place
26. Creep

They dedicated How to Disappear Completely to all the people that disappeared during the last dictatorship here (the day of the gig was an aniversary of that) and Ed gave a little speech about that in decent spanish.

And then a jerk threw a flip flop at Thom during Weird Fishes  :shock:
but he seemed to be in avery very good mood, and inspite of that seemed very pleased with the crowd.

Perfect Perfect Perfect

AND i actually got to meet them at the hotel, i know they dont like that fan stuff...but they were very kind and signed my copy of In Rainbows and i got to thank them personally for their music, got a word from Jonny and a cute smile from Ed.
(im better than hanah montana)

I hope they play here again soon.

Stefen

Sounds like you had a great time.

Your story got awesome at the end. I like how you mention meeting the band like it's not some kind of giant huge deal. How awesome were they in person? Did they glow? Is Jesus in their entourage?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

a.santi

it wasnt a giant huge deal..but i was shocked after that, thinking: that did not just happened to me.

They're really nice, especially Ed and Jonny. Thom was very quiet, like he's uncomfortable with that. I dont know if he glows... but i couldnt look straight at his face, he's quite intimidating lol

and i didnt see Jesus in the entourage, but i saw Nigel Godrich.  :ponder:

thats a pic a girl that was close to me took, i didnt have my camera, tut.  :yabbse-grin:

Stefen

a.santi

yeh, i know

haha,  so funny to get on and see myself on the news here haha  (it was not a big deal)

but definitely something i'll remeber, especially everytime i look at my signed In Rainbows.  :yabbse-grin:

tpfkabi

it looks like thom has spotted that camera in that pic and is probably already thinking up a 1,000 ways to bypass the situation.  :yabbse-grin:
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Alexandro

i'm glad to see they play creep as a nice gesture and not some sort of inside joke...or who knows?

Pozer

a.santi

sounds great. thanks for the post

I've been watching vids on youtube from his solo performance at latitude festival on sunday.
he played a new song there too...maybe something from the new radiohead stuff?

Stefen

Or from the Twilight sequel soundtrack. lulz.

Pozer

Quote from: Stefen on July 21, 2009, 04:03:53 PM
Or from the Twilight sequel soundtrack. lulz.

haha, i remember the ol' lady went and saw Twilight and reported back: you'll hate it but there's a Radiohead song at the end.

Quote from: a.santi on July 21, 2009, 02:43:50 PM
I've been watching vids on youtube from his solo performance at latitude festival on sunday.
he played a new song there too...maybe something from the new radiohead stuff?

how the hell did this dude already do an amazing cover of new Present Tense song just premiered for the first time 2 days ago??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arp2Jh_XupY&feature=related