Spy Game

Started by Recce, March 27, 2003, 11:26:40 AM

Recce

I gotta say, I really liked it. I didn't have much hope for it when I first saw it in theatres, but it really is a good film. Now I have it on DVD and I've watched it several times. It doesn't get old. The story is involving, it's very well done and the acting is quite good. When you think about it, it has a very interesting structure, going from the meeting to past missions to current missions. Anyone else surprised by this film?
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

Duck Sauce

I really was looking forward to Spy Game and ended up liking it quite a lot. It is one of those stories where I was smiling at the end thinking "wow, he pulled it off". Plus the explosions are rad.

Recce

Yeah, it really is a feel-good film, without being a chic flick. It's like a...a guy flick, without necessarily being the ordinary, shoot-em-up, never-run-out-of-bullets action film.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men

Sleuth

I also like said movie
I like to hug dogs

Recce

Quote from: tremoloslothI also like said movie
Deep, man...deep.

Sleuth

Because it was good
I like to hug dogs

Cecil

i too was pleasantly surprised. okay, maybe there was a BIT too much cutting, but thats not necessarily a bad thing by all means.

anyone seen tony scotts bmw short? with the devil?

picolas

Quote from: cecil b. dementedi too was pleasantly surprised. okay, maybe there was a BIT too much cutting, but thats not necessarily a bad thing by all means.

anyone seen tony scotts bmw short? with the devil?

yep. that movie's got some crazy style. a masterpiece of early 21st century BMW advertising.