random stuff

Started by pete, April 25, 2004, 12:25:47 AM

classical gas

damn, that was really fucking good pete.  is this a solo thing?  just you and the guitar?  sorry, i've never heard any of your other music.  and was the second song a cover of blind melon?  am i off here??

pete

no, the first line of the second song was a reference to Blind Melon (like I was listening to "mouth full of cavities" when I wrote the song), but not a cover at all.
I have a band when I perform live, those are just two songs I recorded with a computer mic (the ones for internet chatting), I'm supposed to record an acoustic set in january, so now I'm trying to get feedback from people.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

pete

- Buster Keaton

sheshothim

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!....aahh.......yeah. That was good.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

mogwai

pete

www.myspace.com/petelee

I've got a new song titled "percolated heart".  tell me how you feel about it.  I can take honesty, you know that.
- Buster Keaton

pete

I got paid to make a short with this guy's half-baked script.  he was nominally the director but i did everything--the shooting, the directing, the editing, fight choreography...etc.  it was kinda weird but kinda fun, just to run around princeton jersey for a day improvising shots and scenes.  here it is, I hope at least one person likes it.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VzMUAy-ZMLc
- Buster Keaton

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: pete on September 09, 2006, 03:44:45 AM
I hope at least one person likes it.
You got at least that much. Your shorts are always so much fun to watch.

modage

cool, thats pretty awesome you shot all that in a day.  i guess not having dialogue can really speed things up.  pulp is good.  and nice cameo.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pete

I have a new song up on www.myspace.com/petelee called "middle of the middle of you" and I like it pretty good, I hope you do too.  lemme know what you think, as per usual I can take brutal honesty.
- Buster Keaton

Reinhold

hi, pete. can you post some of your lyrics?
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

pete

haha sure, but they're a little lame.  they're on the site now.
- Buster Keaton

Neil

I've been listening to your stuff alot, i enjoy it very much...so instead of making a new thread and catching shit about it, i decided to post it on here, hope that doesn't insult you or anything...so here it goes...as a musician myself i just had some questions...have you ever been through writers block, and how did you get through it...i feel like i haven't been able to write anything for about a year...i mean it's bad...i could spit out some bullshit...but i just really want something real, something honest and i feel stuck...i mean music and lyrics...i guess basically i was just wondering if you've been in this situation or, whatever, something similar, what did you do? also, i know alot of members here are also musicians, so feel free to tell me what is up,
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

pete

yeah, I don't really fight it though.  if I can't write a new song, then I just keep on working on my existing songs.  sometimes I can maybe only do a phrase a month.  I like to stay inspired, I'm really interested in gospel and soul music so I goto church regularly and I club, and when I was in Boston I used to hit this hip little jazz place for ideas.  sometimes it's just education that you need, meaning there are rules that you didn't know existed and grooves that you've never tried.  when I'm not poor/ heartbroken then I try to keep on my feet and just work on my musicianship.  keep all the little pieces that you've written--the three chord progressions, the one and a half line of lyrics, the words that you'd love to put together in a rhyme--keep them all close to you, 'cause when something that comes along, you can easily unify these things.  a lot of my recent songs about girls are pieced together from different times in my life.
but yeah, everyone goes through writer's block.  since nobody's paying me to keep on going, I've had a good time just taking a break and learning other people's songs.  I dunno what kinda songs you write though.  I just do girls songs, and I guess I'm lucky because they all hate me and stuff.  that's why I love internet forums.
- Buster Keaton