Good Deal Coming

Started by Banky, September 10, 2003, 05:27:21 PM

Banky

I just wanted to tell everyone that Sept. 16, Blockbuster will start Buy 2 get 1 free.  They got some pretty good deals and you could rack up.  Here are some good tittles currently available.

Chicago
Phone Booth
Gangs OF NY
Minority Report
Adaptation
25th hour
Femme Fatale
The Hours

just to name a few

im not affiliated

MacGuffin

Quote from: BankyBuy 2 get 1 free.

New or used?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: BankyBuy 2 get 1 free.

New or used?

used but ive purchased many and always good condition

MacGuffin

Went to three different Blockbusters...didn't find anything good. One good one here, another there, but I had everything already and couldn't find a solid three pack worth buying.

They told me the sale lasts until Oct. 6th.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

i went to Hollywood video yesterday and they had 2 for 20 bucks and they had a much better selection than Blockbuster did.  

I got PDL, 25th hour, and Minority report, from blockbuster for 30

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Bankyi went to Hollywood video yesterday and they had 2 for 20 bucks and they had a much better selection than Blockbuster did.  

I got PDL, 25th hour, and Minority report, from blockbuster for 30

Don't worry, PDL itself was worth the 30.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Find Your Magali

Our Blockbuster had a decent selection. Too many films were full-screen, though, so I avoided some titles that interested me.

I ended up getting Auto Focus, 25th Hour and Narc.

MacGuffin

The best selections I found were "The Good Thief" and "Laurel Canyon" (I have all the "studio" titles already), but could not find a decent third one. I'm hoping they will add more titles before the sale ends.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Finn

I have all of those movies already...hmm
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

modage

video warehouse started doing 2 movies (pre-viewed) for 20 bucks.  if anyone else has one of those near them.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.