SNL: Best of Will Ferrel

Started by Banky, September 07, 2003, 11:01:04 PM

Steve McQueen's ghost

Ok guys ok, I'm gonna need you to be a pal and get off the shed.....Come on now, dad's not kidding..... If you don't get off the shed I will fight you! I will chain you to a pipe in the crawlspace!
----
I wrote this next song after I killed a drifter to get an erection.
----
:-)
Will Ferrell, Norm McDonald and Dennis Miller are SNL's greatest!

godardian

I got the Molly Shannon one. Plan to get this one soon. My least favorite Shannon character- Mary Catherine Gallagher- is also the most popular, unfortunately. I think she can be really funny and VERY occasionally annoying.

I plan to get the Will Ferrell one very soon. He was also great guesting on Strangers with Candy.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

MacGuffin

Will Ferrell Joining Bewitched & The Salesman
Source: Variety

New Line has purchased The Salesman, a pitch by The Simpsons veteran Dana Gould to be tailored as a vehicle for Will Ferrell. The Elf star will play a slacker stereo salesman who is an inveterate liar.

In the film, his compulsive lying leaves him living with his parents and engaged to two women because he can't bear to disappoint either one. As the lies catch up to him, the salesman meets a no-nonsense girl who gets him to change his ways.

Ferrell is also being courted to star alongside Nicole Kidman in Bewitched. He has met with Kidman and likely will play hapless hubby Darren Stevens, the ad executive who falls in love with the spell-casting witch whose wacky family turns his life upside-down. Nora Ephron is looking to direct the film.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

freakerdude

I'm wanting to buy but can anyone tell me if these are on it:

Ferrell and Jim Carey in the kiddie pool lifeguard sketch? Truely hilarious!

Any Harry Caray?

Ted Turner stuff

his "Lover's" sketch with Rachel Dratch

his Marshall Applewhite, leader of Heavens Gate opening sketch

Roxxbury I am sure is on it

Thanks
MC Pee Pants

Ghostboy

Quote from: freakerdude

Any Harry Caray?

Yes, including his original audition in which he performed that character.

his "Lover's" sketch with Rachel Dratch

Yes, including a second one in the outtakes.

The lifeguard skit is sadly missing, but the Carrey Roxburry skit is there. There REALLY needs to be a volume 2.

cine

Quote from: Ghostboy
Quote from: freakerdude

Any Harry Caray?
Yes, including his original audition in which he performed that character.

And he does an impression of him on one of the Conan extras.

modage

Bewitched: Will Ferrell has landed the role of Darrin in the Nora Ephron-directed film version of the classic sitcom according to The Washington Post.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

moonshiner

the new Bachelor guy looks like Will Ferrell

also, i really want to get this dvd...but as mentioned before i can only be let down about what's not on there
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

cine

good lord... lets not dwell on a few sketches... ITS A GOOD DVD! ITS WELL WORTH THE MONEY!

Banky

MacGuffin

Universal Kicks Around Will Ferrell

Doest this guy ever take a break? Will Ferrell will now also star in a Universal Pictures comedy about the competitive world of kids soccer. Ferrell will play a father who reluctantly becomes the coach of his 10-year-old's soccer team, then finds himself in a rivalry with his own father.

Starting production in late January, the untitled film will mark the feature directorial debut of Marco Schnabel, who has been second unit director on such Jay Roach-directed films as the Austin Powers trilogy and Meet the Parents.

Ferrell will do the film after he completes toplining the untitled Woody Allen project and then co-starring with Ed Harris in the drama Winter Passing. He'll do the soccer movie before starring opposite Nicole Kidman in the Columbia comedy Bewitched.

Ferrel can also New Line's upcoming Elf and he just joined the same studio's The Salesman. He's also completed toplining the DreamWorks comedy Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, which he co-wrote. He's also expected to topline A Confederacy of Dunces if that film completes its financing.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

meatwad

i'm interested to see him in a dramatic role. He always says he wanted to be like Bill Murray. I can see it. Imagine Will Farrell winning an oscar one day

cine

I can see it. Look at where guys like Tom Hanks came from.

MacGuffin

Duvall Kicks Around Soccer Ball with Ferrell

Robert Duvall is set to star alongside Will Ferrell in the untitled kid soccer film Universal Pictures has set up for a January start date.

Marco Schnabel is directing the film in which Duvall plays a type-A coach whose intensity left his son disillusioned toward a game he was becoming quite good at. Years later, his son reluctantly agrees to coach his own 10-year-old son's team. That sets him up mano a mano against his father, and there's nothing the father wants more than to give his son a coaching facial.

The comedy was written by Leo Benvenuti and Steve Rudnick, whose credits include The Santa Clause and Space Jam.

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Quote from: MacGuffinThat sets him up mano a mano against his father, and there's nothing the father wants more than to give his son a coaching facial.
Funniest thing I've read all week.