Give feedback on our short film trailer

Started by jimmyjim, January 06, 2004, 11:54:26 PM

jimmyjim

Hello everyone...

Found this site while I was looking over the PT Anderson website. I recently finished shooting my first film. It's a short and we are currently in post. It's titled LOVEHOLSTERY it's about a guy who finds comfort over a recent breakup in the arms of his favorite chair. I've worked on many different projects but this my first time directing. You can see the trailer here...

http://homepage.mac.com/jimmyp77/iMovieTheater24.html

Let me know what you think! The film should start hitting festivals around March. We also have a website in the works http://www.loveholstery.com which only has production stills at the moment but it will have festival info and other fun stuff very soon!

Thanks!

-Jimmy P.

Raikus

That looks really good. You put together a really nice trailer there. The execution of the premise (talking and moving furniture) really shines through. Good acting too.

Let me know how it does on the circuit.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Gamblour.

Holy shit, that was fucking awesome. I'm still smiling, I love the couch, that was great. That music rocks, sets a good mood for the trailer. That's better than most trailers, really really funny.
WWPTAD?

kotte

metroshane

I like it.  Could you please tell us what you shot it on.  

The only complaint I have is with the sound mix.  Could be better.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

jimmyjim

Was shot on a DVX100 in 24P advanced mode.

As for the sound... that trailer was cut immediately after shooting so it is using mostly scratch (camera) audio. We had audio through the camera mic and seperate audio recorded to a DAT on two tracks.

-Jimmy P.

metroshane

Thanks.  The sound sounded as if it were peaking, I'm sure it's better coming out of the dat.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

TheVoiceOfNick

The trailer was pretty funny... great premise.  Reminds me of a short I saw recently about a chair and a table getting married.  You must admit that you save on actors in these cases.... hehe... well, not really... you still need voice actors.