Kiyoshi Kurosawa

Started by w/o horse, July 09, 2005, 02:24:44 AM

w/o horse

I have only seen Cure, but I thought that movie was good, and that perhaps the director had the potential to do great.

Not all too long ago Bright Future, Seance, and Charisma were released to DVD.  All of these are post-Cure Kurosawa movies, and I'm interested to hear what anyone has to say about them.  I've been thinking about blind buying Charisma.

Cure is a humanistic thriller.  Kurosawa says on the DVD that his big influences were the post-Golden Age, pre-American 70s era directors like Peckinpah and Aldrich, which is a good starting point to describe the style of his camera and the characters in his movie.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Ghostboy

Cure is one of the best serial killer thrillers I've seen. It's terrific. I didn't like Pulse, his ghost story, although I'm in the minority there (it does have some shots that make it worth seeing, however). Bright Future is wonderful...very subtle and beautiful.