TMNT (new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie)

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, July 20, 2006, 07:32:22 PM

MacGuffin

Dude, a totally New Trailer
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

puddnanners

has there ever been such a decrease in quality from the teaser to the official trailer?  that was pretty horrible.  I'm gonna go play the turtles arcade game now.   

Kal

I think its the compression quality of that MTV site that sucks... and the buffering/streaming thing is way worse than any Quicktime trailer.

Overall it seems fun, but I'm not sure about those aliens. Did they exist before in the cartoons or something? I remember about 'Kang' and some other characters, but this looks brand new.

I dont know but I have the feeling that the Weinsteins are fucking up a lot of projects... not sure how successful they've been so far with their new company, but I dont think its going so well for them so far...

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Cowabunga! TMNT Voice Cast Revealed!
Plus, check out the new poster and pics!

Hot on the heels of news that Patrick Stewart will be voicing the villainous Max Winters in TMNT comes word that four other stars are lending their vocal talents to the CG-animated big-screen return of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Zhang Ziyi (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon), Chris Evans (Fantastic Four) and filmmaker-actor Kevin Smith (Clerks) have been cast in Kevin Munroe's feature filmmaking debut.

Ziyi, according to USA Today, voices "Karai, who leads an evil army known as the Foot Ninjas into battle against the turtle brothers."

The paper adds that Gellar will voice April, "the human researcher who serves as the Turtles' tech-services worker and mother figure." Evans will provide the vocals for Casey Jones, while Smith has a cameo "as a greasy-spoon chef."

The heroic turtles Donatello, Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael will not be voiced by celebrities, however.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

splinter looks halfway between dennis leary from ice age and a goat.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

Quote from: bonanzataz on December 08, 2006, 05:40:32 PM
so, there's REALLY no shredder?

TMNT Sequel Planned, Could We See Shredder?
Source: FirstShowing.net

Just 3 weeks before the film opens, TMNT director Kevin Munroe discussed in an exclusive interview with FirstShowing.net at WonderCon in San Francisco the possibilities of sequels, including the return of Shredder to the long-running Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise. A new set of mythological creatures arrives, along with the villain Karai in the upcoming CGI film due out in just a few weeks. There has been continual criticism for the lack of Shredder, but that concern may finally be remedied! Read on for what Munroe had to say in regards to sequels and possibly a return of Shredder.

Take this as a spoiler or not, but when asked if the film sets up a sequel at the end, Munroe replied:

"Yea, a sequel big time. It's a very not-so-subtle nod at the end.

I'd love it to happen, I wish it was my decision. I do have a deal to do a second one, we'll just wait and see if it happens. I think it's going to depend, it's just all box office at this point."

And when asked about the possibility of seeing Shredder return in a sequel, he responded with:

"Yea, it'd nice, it'd be really cool. As a fan I'd love that."

"Because we now have these sort of better Shredder stories of how to bring Shredder back. But now if it works out well, and Karai coming to New York, that's a setup for a really good volume in The Turtes in the comics as well, it could work out to a really cool sequel."

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Ravi