oLd sChOoL cArToOnS!!!

Started by cron, April 26, 2004, 06:47:05 PM

Post the animated shows you enjoyed the most as a kid.

-Inspector Gadget

-Doug

-Rugrats

-The Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley

-Hey Arnold
context, context, context.

Chest Rockwell

The ender or all other competitors:
Ren & Stimpy

Stefen

It's threads like this that make me realize my childhood sucked. I can't remember any old school cartoons.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Ravi

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Thrindle

When my feminist days began...
Classic.

ShanghaiOrange

Other than that, Rocko and Batman: The Animated Series were my favorites.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Raikus

I used to love Zelda when it played on the Super Mario half hour every Friday.

Other favorites:
-Tiny Toons
-Thundercats
-Animaniacs
-X-Men
-Batman: Animated

And the end all, be all of cartoons: The Tick.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Pubrick

awesome thread, this is all i did as a kid (between 6 and 12), the following were my favorites:

Babar

Samurai Pizza Cats

Roger Ramjet

Alvin and the Chipmunks

and my favoritest favorite:

Orson and Olivia

couldn't find pics for:
- twins of destiny.

and does gumby count?
under the paving stones.

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Raikus

Curse my old brain! I completely forgot the Tailspin/Darkwing Duck/Ducktales cartoons. And I remember watching Super Ted but my memories of it recall me being creeped out by it for some reason.

Also, didn't they have some Rubix Cube superhero? Or was that how Super Ted got his power?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

bonanzataz

Quote from: ranemaka13
The Wuzzles!

holy shit... i used to love these guys. i would have completely forgotten about this show if it wasn't for this post. WOW!

while we're on the subject of lame ass cuddly cartoons, how about THE CARE BEARS?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ravi

Pound Puppies
He-Man
MGM cartoons (Tom and Jerry, Droopy, etc.)

doja