Xixax Dekapenticon Returns!

Started by modage, November 21, 2005, 08:02:18 AM

modage

Xixax will create a list of the 15 best movies ever made.

It's time to nominate!

Each member will send in a list of 30 nominations.  Those voted will be counted and a list of 50 films will be determined.  From the 50 nominations, each member will then choose 10. Those votes will count for the final list of 15.

RULES
you can nominate up to 30 movies
once a vote is submitted, there will be no changes granted
anyone can vote
do not display your votes publicly (yet)
use full titles ("Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring" instead of "LOTR: FOTR")
if there have been remakes or movies of the same title, please specify the year
in the case of foreign films, please use the most common title
you must alphabetize your list
don't put "the" before anything

If your username begins begins with A-D, send your ballot to Cinephile

If your username begins begins with E-H, send your ballot to Macguffin

If your username begins begins with I-L, send your ballot to modage

If your username begins begins with M-P, send your ballot to Pubrick

If your username begins begins with Q-T, send your ballot to picolas

If your username begins begins with U-X, send your ballot to Ravi

If your username begins begins with Y-Z (or a #), send your ballot to RegularKarate

Please put "Dekapenticon" (or your nearest spelling) in the subject line.

NOMINATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED BEGINNING FRIDAY NOVEMBER 25TH UNTIL SATURDAY DECEMBER 10TH.

So just remember, we're looking for YOUR opinion here.  The previous list should have no bearing on your votes.  It's not about what you think somebody else thinks is best but what YOU think is best.  So have fun with it!  In addition we are also alllowing campaigning for certain films this year.  So if you think you can do a good job promoting a film (not spamming) encouraging others to check out a possibly overlooked film will be a great way for everyone to get involved. 

Have any questions about the voting process? Ask them here.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ono

It's 7:2 that Brazoliange will win this year's XIXAX DEKAPENTICON.  Sadly, the 2004 winner, Sleuth, is a longshot at 35:1.

w/o horse

Koneko Monogatari.  I'm just saying.  It's out there now, hopefully it will win, if it doesn't whatever.  Koneko Monogatari.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

cine

Quote from: modage on November 21, 2005, 08:02:18 AM
In addition we are also alllowing campaigning for certain films this year. So if you think you can do a good job promoting a film (not spamming) encouraging others to check out a possibly overlooked film will be a great way for everyone to get involved.

Quote from: Losing the Horse: on November 21, 2005, 11:36:23 AM
Koneko Monogatari.  I'm just saying.  It's out there now, hopefully it will win, if it doesn't whatever.  Koneko Monogatari.

easy tiger, we're going to have a campaign thread coming soon. this is a heads up to the rest of you as well.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Starting November 25th?

I'M BURSTING WITH WANTING TO SEND IT NOW!

More time to think it over, I guess.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pas

I wish 03 was still here so I could see his... no wait I don't wish 03 was still here.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Pas Rap on November 23, 2005, 06:24:23 PM
I wish 03 was still here so I could see his... no wait I don't wish 03 was still here.

I do.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

hedwig

SoNowThen

This is potentially a stupid idea (be nice -- I'm emotionally fragile)... but it would lend the list a lot more... I dunno, call it credibility if you want, or logic, something... if we couldn't nominate anything less than ten years old. Based on the old "seeing how a movie ages" type thing, a real classic needs a bit of time to stand out. And anyway, if we were to pick one, it would be Magnolia, so let's just all agree on that and make it interesting for the number one spot on the list...

No? Yes? Just a thought.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Pas

Quote from: SoNowThen on November 24, 2005, 07:43:48 AM
This is potentially a stupid idea (be nice -- I'm emotionally fragile)... but it would lend the list a lot more... I dunno, call it credibility if you want, or logic, something... if we couldn't nominate anything less than ten years old. Based on the old "seeing how a movie ages" type thing, a real classic needs a bit of time to stand out. And anyway, if we were to pick one, it would be Magnolia, so let's just all agree on that and make it interesting for the number one spot on the list...

No? Yes? Just a thought.

The problem with that is since I'm 21, the only 10 year old movies I've watched when they came out are not at all my favorites, making the 'aging' argument pointless. Most of us have seen old movies after new ones, so the aging process is even more advanced with the less than 10 year old movies than the 'older'.

If we were talking about the Top 15 Most Respectable Movies I'd agree, but not with favorites.

MacGuffin

One more week!!! Your list of 30 nominations is due on the 10th.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

havent finished your list yet?  it's better to send in something than nothing at all!  a NO BITCHING policy will be instituted for anyone who DOES NOT vote.  what are so what are you waiting for?!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

w/o horse

Quote from: modage on December 06, 2005, 02:00:14 PM
what are so what are you waiting for?!

Sentence:  The Remix.
Artist:  modage.
Release Date: 12/06/05
Label:  Xixax

I've read a lot of modage's other sentence remixes, famously featured in Gamblour's signature, and this one might be one of his very best.  Whileperhaps not as creative conceptually, mod's new twist to sentence structure this time around is worthy of illimitable praise and adoration.  I look forward to this guy's future work, as I know a lot of you do too.

Download:

Modage AIM icons.
Modage desktops pictures.
Join the modage street team!
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Pubrick

haha, coming from scatman himself..
under the paving stones.