Anybody ever actually work on a movie?

Started by Duck Sauce, February 26, 2003, 02:00:03 AM

Cecil

yknow, sometimes people are just having a bad day. everyones been rude once in a while for whatever reason. doesnt mean youre a douchebag.

snaporaz

Quote from: cecil b. dementedyknow, sometimes people are just having a bad day. everyones been rude once in a while for whatever reason. doesnt mean youre a douchebag.

that might be understandable if he hadn't been having such a great time talking about himself to those fan boys just a few minutes before and after.

ReelHotGames

Yeah, but listen to QT in any interview and he has a "rude assholish tone", that's the way he talks. Always. And he can be an asshole at times, but mostly - in my contact with him, he has always been very helpful, and pleasant and he is always on overdrive, so it's like "put the coffee down" man, relax.

And maybe your question of "So when's your next movie coming out" was the 800th time he heard that one today, and he was tired of being "hounded" about not following up Jackie Brown for like a hundred years...

I'm not saying, I'm just saying... People are people, catch them at any given moment and they're an asshole or their a genius or their your grandmother...

Saw William H Macy last night at Cinequest and he was the most gracious, warmest guy - is he like that ever day. No, he admitted it. When he's working on a film and it's a twelve hour day and things aren't going well, and he didn;t learn his lines and they hit hour thirteen he starts getting gruff. Well, to watch him last night I'd say that's impossible, but I know better.

QT maybe was rude, maybe didn;t want to talk to you. Who knows, but to characterize him as a douchebag from one sentance. Point that finger back at yourself. You need to know him better before callign him a douchebag. :wink:
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

snaporaz

Quote from: michael alessandroQT maybe was rude, maybe didn;t want to talk to you. Who knows, but to characterize him as a douchebag from one sentance. Point that finger back at yourself. You need to know him better before callign him a douchebag. :wink:

me calling him a douchebag wasn't only based on his rudeness towards me. seeing him behave the way he did on stage and with the "fans", it was very unpleasant to see guy be so full of himself. maybe he has heard the "when's your next movie out?" question a billion times, but i'm sure he's heard "pulp fiction rocked" a billion more. that didn't stop him from winking & smiling to the other crowd.

granted, i don't know him personally, but that can't completely invalidate my judgements of him after being around him for two whole days.

anways, yeah, he may be a cool guy, he may be an asshole...it just seemed to me that if you talked to him at a down-to-earth level instead of the mr. celebrity level, he'd shit on you.

Pozer

met QT at a screening  a while back for a movie called Shoeshine Boys I think. anyway, Nicest Guy Ever.
He talked with anyone who wanted to talk afterward, shook hands, said the movie we watched inspired him to go home and do more writing.
My friends and I shook his hand, said we couldn't wait for his next movie to which he replied "thanks, I should have somethin' for you fellas real soon." he said he was writing something big and was out on the prowl for inspiration. the screening we were at was for some indy movie, so I thought that was cool.
also, he was wearing a flight jacket, board shorts and no socks. looked like he literally ran out for some coffee and inspiration and then he was off back to the writing.
that was really cool.

jokerspath

Quote from: ebeaman
Quote from: Newtron
Quote from: polkabluesthe fat kid from "Magnolia".

I wanna know what Julia's up to, she's good.

Who's the women that accompany's Stanley and the kids and assists them? The one that Stanley talks about the weather with. Is she in any other cool movies? She's seems like a good actress.

Felicitty Huffman is a terrific actress.  You can check out Out Of Order, a neat new show on Showtime that has a geeky, cinephile twist to it (in that there are constant references to film and that they're both screenwriters).  She was also in Sports Night, one of the better shows of the last five years...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

dufresne

Quote from: Duck SauceI know there are a bunch of people here who are film majors or aspiring film makers and I got curious to know if any of you have ever worked on a larger scale film, tv show or commercial whether it be as an actor, director of gaffer. Aside from shorts you do with your friends....

i'm an art department slut in the commercial industry.  started out as an art p.a. in Feb of 2002, and now work as a set dresser.  it's been fun.  only 'famous' people i've worked with (but not really had a conversation with) were the late Conrad Hall (Miller Lite), Robert Richardson (PNC Bank), Martin Scorsese (AmEx), Cameron Crowe (Gap), and Rob Reiner (some random PSA).
There are shadows in life, baby.

aclockworkjj

I was a still photographer on some cheezy made for TV movie (Can't remember the name, but it was some Hallmark thing about hockey) ....overall the entire production was pretty lame, but it was good to see how the technical side of things worked...

I also kinda weaseled my way onto the set of a Powerade Commercial...(they used to show it in theaters, where this person drinks a bunch of Powerade and can all of a sudden jump over a rising bridge)....this was actually really neat, cause they had ropes, helicopters, huge crew....only just chatted with PA's though

Stefen

Can you guys post more stories like the QT ones please?

I have none of my own.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.