Nicole Kidman

Started by modage, August 06, 2003, 11:45:22 AM

El Duderino

maybe he was thinking of bancroft
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

hedwig

cine

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

what a world .. what a world..

Sleuth

the world is beautiful!
I like to hug dogs

cine

No, you look beautiful.

MacGuffin

Kidman Climbing Crowe's Tree?

Nicole Kidman could be nesting with Russell Crowe in a new flick.

Crowe is set to star and now Kidman is in negotiations to join him in the Australian romantic fable Eucalyptus, Daily Variety reports.

The Oscar-winning actors, who are both based in Australia, have been longtime friends--and, if you believe the tabloids, were even closer a couple years ago. This would be the first time they worked together on screen.

Based on the acclaimed novel by Murray Bail, Eucalyptus centers on a story-telling stranger, who, to marry a widower's beautiful daughter, must first identify each of the thousand species of eucalyptus trees on the father's estate. Crowe is playing the suitor, and a third Oscar winner, Geoffrey Rush, is aboard to play the dad.

Fox Searchlight, which is distributing the film, did not immediately return calls seeking comment on the would-be casting coup. It is assumed that Kidman would play the object of Crowe's affection in the allegory.

Early reports had Bryce Dallas Howard, the star of this summer's hit The Village and the daughter of Ron Howard, taking the part, but she abruptly pulled out after director Jocelyn Moorehouse reportedly was looking to cast a local woman.

Moorehouse, an Aussie whose previous directing credits include the art-house flicks A Thousand Acres (1997) and How to Make an American Quilt (1995), also shared scriptwriting duties with Michelle Joyner. The film is being produced by Uberto Pasolini and Lynda House.

According to Variety, the only thing standing in the way of a Kidman-Crowe lovefest would be synching up the schedules of the two A-listers.

Crowe, who recently finished shooting the Ron Howard-helmed boxing biopic Cinderella Man, has Eucalyptus penciled in as his next project. Kidman, however, may have some juggling to do to squeeze the tree tale in.

The actress, whose last big-screen turn was in this summer's box-office bomb The Stepford Wives, recently wrapped shooting on Sydney Pollack's political thriller The Interpreter, in which she costars with Sean Penn as a United Nations interpreter who overhears an assassination plot.

From there, she segued into playing nose-twitching witch Samantha Stephens in Nora Ephron's feature film redo of the '60s TV series Bewitched with Will Ferrell as hapless hubby Darrin.

Following completion of that comedy, Kidman's scheduled to step into the role of Ulla, the buxom Swedish bombshell, opposite Nathan Lane's Max Bialystock and Matthew Broderick's Leo Bloom in Mel Brooks' big-screen remake of his Tony-winning musical, The Producers.

Kidman's crowded calendar also includes a stint in Tony Scott's Emma's War, a film about a British aid worker in the Sudan who weds a warlord aiming to take over the African country. Then, there's her high-profile pairing with Jennifer Lopez in American Darlings, a World War II musical drama about the first all-female swing band in the testosterone-dominated 1940s nightclub scene.

And last but not least, Kidman is set to star opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in Baz Luhrmann's Alexander the Great, playing Olympias, mother of the Macedonian conqueror.

Kidman and Luhrmann, who originally teamed on Moulin Rouge!, recently reunited for a two-minute short/commercial for Chanel's signature No. 5 perfume. In it, she plays a Tinseltown star escaping a gaggle of paparazzi and striking up a romance with a handsome stranger.

Sounds like a good warm-up for Eucalyptus, which is scheduled to start shooting Down Under early next year.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pwaybloe

Quote from: MacGuffinKidman Climbing Crowe's Tree?

Ha ha.  I don't know who else laughed at that...

Yeah... it was just me.

cine

speaking of which, i'm waiting for your avatar to tell a really bad joke.

hedwig

Quote from: Pwaybloe
Quote from: MacGuffinKidman Climbing Crowe's Tree?

Ha ha.  I don't know who else laughed at that...

Yeah... it was just me.

I did.

Myxo

I just watched the Birth trailer over on apple.com's website. I gotta say it looks fantastic. Glazer sure has a knack for choosing music doesn't he? Great stuff. I look forward to it.

MacGuffin

Kidman drops out of 'Producers'

Nicole Kidman has dropped out of the role of the Swedish bombshell Ulla in the movie version of "The Producers" musical. A Kidman representative said the delayed shooting of Kidman's next movie "Eucalyptus," scheduled for January through April, conflicted with her "Producers" work.

There was no immediate word on who might replace her. The film will star Nathan Lane and Matthew Broadrick, reprising their roles from the hit Broadway show.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Thank god she's out.

How many more movies does she have left to drop out of?

MacGuffin

Kidman to star in Arbus biopic
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Nicole Kidman is in negotiations to play photographer Diane Arbus in the upcoming project, "Fur." Robert Downey Jr. also is in negotiations to join the project.

Steven Shainberg is set to direct "Fur," which would mark his first feature since his quirky 2002 hit, "Secretary." The script is being written by his "Secretary" scribe, Erin Cressida Wilson, who is adapting from Patricia Bosworth's book "Diane Arbus: A Biography."

Previously known as the untitled Diane Arbus project, Bonnie Timmermann is producing "Fur," along with River Road's Bill Pohlad and Laura Bickford. Shainberg's production partner, Andrew Fierberg, also is producing. Bosworth and Vincent Farrell of Iron Films are co-producing, and Edward R. Pressman will serve as an executive producer.

Arbus is considered one of the greatest photographers of the 20th century and was known for her often disturbing and strange images. She committed suicide in 1971.

At one point last year, Samantha Morton was in negotiations for the role.

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

Quote from: MacGuffinKidman to star in Arbus biopic

Nicole Kidman is in negotiations to play photographer Diane Arbus in the upcoming project, "Fur." Robert Downey Jr. also is in negotiations to join the project.

Steven Shainberg is set to direct "Fur," which would mark his first feature since his quirky 2002 hit, "Secretary." The script is being written by his "Secretary" scribe, Erin Cressida Wilson, who is adapting from Patricia Bosworth's book "Diane Arbus: A Biography."

Previously known as the untitled Diane Arbus project, Bonnie Timmermann is producing "Fur," along with River Road's Bill Pohlad and Laura Bickford. Shainberg's production partner, Andrew Fierberg, also is producing. Bosworth and Vincent Farrell of Iron Films are co-producing, and Edward R. Pressman will serve as an executive producer.

Arbus is considered one of the greatest photographers of the 20th century and was known for her often disturbing and strange images. She committed suicide in 1971.

being a big arbus fan, i think this idea is absolutely terrible - i can't believe her estate, which is legendery for the protection of exhibiting her photographs, is giving the go ahead for this project(or maybe they haven't). I don't see any way of tastefully making a film about her life, it will most likely trivialize and exploit the darker element of her life(her depression/suicide etc.). If a film must be made of arbus give it to someone who would have a little better grasp on such a life -- schnabel may be able to pull this off. shaninburg is a fucking hack - no two ways about it. i have nothing against kidman, but shes just wrong for this role. samantha morton would at least be tolerable. this is disapointing news.
...your excuses are your own...

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: cowboykurtis
Quote from: MacGuffinKidman to star in Arbus biopic

being a big arbus fan, i think this idea is absolutely terrible - i can't believe her estate, which is legendery for the protection of exhibiting her photographs, is giving the go ahead for this project(or maybe they haven't). I don't see any way of tastefully making a film about her life, it will most likely trivialize and exploit the darker element of her life(her depression/suicide etc.). If a film must be made of arbus give it to someone who would have a little better grasp on such a life -- schnabel may be able to pull this off. shaninburg is a fucking hack - no two ways about it. i have nothing against kidman, but shes just wrong for this role. samantha morton would at least be tolerable. this is disapointing news.

Feels like my reaction to the thought of Neve Campbell starring as Louise Brooks in a film.