Custom Ranks

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, November 30, 2003, 12:01:00 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I'm just starting a thread about it in case anyone else has questions, too.  

Who do I contact in a PM so I don't have to waste time posting asking for it again if I want it changed?

And, out of curiosity, what does it take to become a Mod?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Walrus, Kookookajoobwhat does it take to become a Mod?
lotsa anal sex.  

...and hot pockets.

Pubrick

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobWho do I contact in a PM so I don't have to waste time posting asking for it again if I want it changed?
any admin that is around. note: currently mogwai and taz are on hiatus, and Mikexax is very busy with real life.

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobAnd, out of curiosity, what does it take to become a Mod?
do u mean admin, or mod. cos mod is different and we don't really hav any of those.

there's no set rule to becoming admin.. there are prerequisites i would imagine, like an extensive knowledge of Xixax and ability to use the search function. the ones that are currently in place are mostly carry-overs from C&C, which Mike chose to keep. Ghostboy, Taz and Cbrad are the exception, having been chosen out of the xax crowd for exceptional ability to be trusted. i think the only condition really is that Mike approves and trusts u.
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: P
Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobWho do I contact in a PM so I don't have to waste time posting asking for it again if I want it changed?
any admin that is around. note: currently mogwai and taz are on hiatus, and Mikexax is very busy with real life.

So who does that leave me with to ask?

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobAnd, out of curiosity, what does it take to become a Mod?
Quote from: pdo u mean admin, or mod. cos mod is different and we don't really hav any of those.

there's no set rule to becoming admin.. there are prerequisites i would imagine, like an extensive knowledge of Xixax and ability to use the search function. the ones that are currently in place are mostly carry-overs from C&C, which Mike chose to keep. Ghostboy, Taz and Cbrad are the exception, having been chosen out of the xax crowd for exceptional ability to be trusted. i think the only condition really is that Mike approves and trusts u.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for that Holy Moment that one day I become an Admin then.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

©brad

Quote from: Walrus, Kookookajoob
Quote from: P

So who does that leave me with to ask?

jeremy blackman
p
macguffin
regular karate
ghostboy
picolas
urs trully

Quote from: Walrus, Kookookajoob
Quote from: pdo u mean admin, or mod. cos mod is different and we don't really hav any of those.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for that Holy Moment that one day I become an Admin then.

long long hours, little pay and/or respect. (although mike is nice enough to give us handsome christmas bonuses)

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Pubrick

well as i was typing this cbrad already answered it, so consider this an indulgence..

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobSo who does that leave me with to ask?
the complete list of admins is as follows:
xixax (Mike)
bonanzataz (taz)
mogwai (arab strap)
Ghostboy (g-banger)
Jeremy Blackman (jeremiah negro)
Cbrad (charles bradford esquire)
MacGuffin (McG)
P (Pubrick, recall allstar)
RegularKarate (RK)
Picolas (picolbug)

and our two deceased C&C carry-over admins.. Film Student and the ghost of sphinx.

as u can see we already had too many admins at the beginning of Xaxnadu, but that didn't stop us from acquiring three more.. so yeah there will probably be more.

themodernage is one likely future admin, in my eyes.
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Do I have a chance? ::place Goofy-ass emoticon here::

©brad

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobDo I have a chance? ::place Goofy-ass emoticon here::

funny, but nah.

we're so cliquey, it really isn't worth the effort.

Pubrick

i dunno. usually admins don't ask to be made.

it's like when chicks ignore needy guys.
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I tried.

God knows I tried.

Gamblour.

Quote from: ©brad
Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobDo I have a chance? ::place Goofy-ass emoticon here::

funny, but nah.

we're so cliquey, it really isn't worth the effort.

You mean clicky
WWPTAD?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

©brad

no, i meant cliquey.  :oops:

actually, i meant cliquish. that's a real word.

molly

Quote from: Pwell as i was typing this cbrad already answered it, so consider this an indulgence..

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobSo who does that leave me with to ask?
the complete list of admins is as follows:
xixax (Mike)
bonanzataz (taz)
mogwai (arab strap)
Ghostboy (g-banger)
Jeremy Blackman (jeremiah negro)
Cbrad (charles bradford esquire)
MacGuffin (McG)
P (Pubrick, recall allstar)
RegularKarate (RK)
Picolas (picolbug)

and our two deceased C&C carry-over admins.. Film Student and the ghost of sphinx.

as u can see we already had too many admins at the beginning of Xaxnadu, but that didn't stop us from acquiring three more.. so yeah there will probably be more.

themodernage is one likely future admin, in my eyes.

who isn't admin? :?