The reason for the end of the old message board?

Started by aurora, January 27, 2003, 03:31:52 AM

Duck Sauce

Quote from: depooter
As for PTA, all is well. I got a nice xmas gift from the man and I'm crossing my fingers for a lengthy interview when he gets back from Europe...

You luck out with all the PTA stuff. You got that music video DVD and all....

depooter

Luck out?! I'm very thankful for all he does, but c'mon I've put a lot of energy and time into the site for almost four years so I don't mind a little treat now and then   :D

Xixax

Given the eloquence exhibited here and on the old boards, I think Cock might have a real future in writing.

...Like, maybe, Sunday School curriculum or something...
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

polkablues

You done good, Greg.

The original spirit of the board will live forever, in the hearts and minds of every child, in the wind blowing through the trees on a sunny autumn day, and in the infected stuff around T's genitals.

May quality, occasionally film-related discussion with frequent tangents into profanity and absurdity never die.  
My house, my rules, my coffee

Duck Sauce

Quote from: depooterLuck out?! I'm very thankful for all he does, but c'mon I've put a lot of energy and time into the site for almost four years so I don't mind a little treat now and then   :D

No no, sorry if I made it seemed like I was being a dick. I was just goofing around, you deserve every treat you get.

depooter

Duck: No offense taken. It's all good  :)

BTW, I liked T and all the Steven Brothers. I thought and still think they are funny as hell...

GodDamnImDaMan

I have this funny feeling in my pants that the reason the board died was because of my more than serious posts.
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

MacGuffin

Quote from: God Damn Im Da ManI have this funny feeling in my pants...

There you go thinking again.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

GodDamnImDaMan

Listen Mac,

Why dont you go dissect and molest some more hot pockets?
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Xixax

Why is it that GDITM has more masturbatory knowledge than the average fourteen year old?

I am somewhat disturbed, yet oddly intrigued.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

MacGuffin

Quote from: God Damn Im Da ManListen Mac,

Why dont you go dissect and molest some more hot pockets?

Oh Man, It Is ON Now!! The can has been opened:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

Quote from: XixaxWhy is it that GDITM has more masturbatory knowledge than the average fourteen year old?

I am somewhat disturbed, yet oddly arroused.

GDITM has that affect on people, I think it's the down home creaminess that just can't be beat.

Markyboy

It's just disappointing (the end of the original board.) I understand why it had to happen, why it needed to be moved, but there was alot of good discussion to be found there that just won't be repeated here because people don't like to rehash old topics (just redirect newbies to old threads.)

I deliberately avoided the board during the wait for PDL to open, I want to see the movie as fresh as possible. There's a heap of stuff there I wanted to get around to reading one day but now never will. The posts I feel I've really missed out on are people's first impressions of the film, and the threads on the fave films & DVD collections of the community. I've missed out, my bad luck I guess. And I'm still left with a 2 month wait to see this movie.

:puppydogeyes:
A shiny, gold, tall, inexpensive prick.

Victor

yeah, there was some good shit on that board. i wish id been given say, a day's notice to save some stuff. ah well, the past has its place, i suppose...
are you gonna eat with us too?

sexterossa

i think i agree with that one expression, you can't ever go home. i feel compeltely lost on this new board. i miss home. this one is too overwhelming. instead of the PTA board, it is the PTA/Kubrick/anderson...board. but of course you know this already anyway. that is percisely my dilemma. everyone knows everything and everyone already, i feel like the kid who moved to a new high school his senior year. i don't think i will ever feel completely comfortable on this board again. there's too much on it. and i don't think it is a matter of not having enough time, it is a matter of not really caring to devote that much time to posting message board trivia. but i miss it. i miss the exclusivity, i miss being that intensely current on anything film, the intelligent discussions, i don't know, the old board made me feel smart. it made me feel that i knew everything there is to know about film because the other users were so involved in it. but i guess knowing everything there is to know about film is a lost cause. right? am i better suited spending my time and eye sight reading a good book?

- sexterossa. anyone notice i had to change the spelling of my name from sexterrosa to sexterossa. no of course not. but i was so uncontrollably excited and impatient upon finding this board to register that i registered as under 13. that excitment has developed into melancholy. and it's only been five minutes.
I dream of birds and sometimes they land and burst into flames. And I dream my teeth are rotting. And when I am awake, I dream of you.