Constructive criticism wanted

Started by ProgWRX, February 26, 2007, 01:55:12 PM

ProgWRX

This is my first attempt at making a demo reel. All the footage is taken from productions that ive been involved with (either directing, producing, editing, post production,etc). Id love some suggestions on how i can make it better/more effective.

Thanks in advance,

-Carlos

squints

i think all the footage looks great but that song is rather atrocious
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ProgWRX

What would you suggest instead? Most if not all the demo's i see have either some type of generic electronica/techno music or a popular song, so I kinda wanted to move away from that. Also the song is cut down from like 4 min.

-Carlos

squints

i like the idea of it put to a rock song but the sepultura/godsmack-ish guitar is what i found the most off-putting. perhaps something bluesy yet upbeat or maybe something spaghetti western-ish? The song still works. The whole thing flows really well and the people you're going to be showing this to probably aren't as concerned with the music. this is just personal opinion

p.s. - sorry if i'm dissing your band.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ProgWRX

hehe no worries, its not my band at all.

thanks for the comments though, ill definately try to build one with a different tune as to change the pacing

-Carlos