Conan's the man!

Started by ono, October 16, 2003, 11:38:17 PM

Neil

Quote from: OrHowILearnedTo on March 13, 2009, 03:25:18 PM
Quote from: Sleepless on March 13, 2009, 12:51:27 AM
I guess what I want to say is that there is only one late night host I find completely enthralling and constantly entertaining, and that's Craig Ferguson. So where's the love Xixax, where's the love? Maybe now Conan's an hour earlier you'll all find the remote and check him out. Sure, he's not all-out wacky, but he's dry, and he's fun. A very enjoyable hour. Guaranteed.

yup, Im with you one this one. Watching Ferguson made me realize how much i hate the regular talk show format. I love Conan but fuck i cant stand his monologue, or how fake and uninteresting his interviews are. He just sits there, sets up his guests usually lame stories in the most obvious ways, and makes fun of himself. ugh.

Guys, Ferguson may be "dry" but i believe that is just what happens to a guy who isn't funny naturally trying to read jokes someone else wrote, that also in turn are not funny. I put ferguson on the same level as carson daly or a tree falling in the forest.

If no one watched it, did it really happen? FUCK HULU!!!!!!!
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

tpfkabi

i have a very love/hate relationship with Fergie.

sometimes he's just too boring and out there, but then sometimes his interviews can be quite funny.

him with Kristen Bell is great.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

Gonna take a while to get used to "Tonight Show Band;" not "Max Weinberg Seven."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

I was super excited about the show. It was good, but it had some awkward moments. Andy Richter needs to find his place there cause he seemed like just standing there and laughing like a moron. As funny as he can be, it sucks that now Conan will not have so much interaction with Max and the band apparently. He did not even mention or talk with the other band members at all.

It was a solid debut I guess, but at times it felt like the one-hour Office episodes where they all seem a bit out of place. Will Ferrel was an OK guest, but not great. Pearl Jam was pretty cool.

tpfkabi

i guess i'll watch the premiere in bits on Hulu at work.
i liked the opening cross country bit.

diggler

the twitter bit killed me last night. 
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Stefen

I thought the premiere was boring.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

I'm so happy about the new show. It's going really well and I haven't missed one yet.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

polkablues

Apparently some industrious internet people came up with the theory that Conan's set design is derived from Super Mario Brothers.  It's pretty subtle, though.

My house, my rules, my coffee

diggler

even if it's not the case i love that .gif
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Pas

Quote from: ddiggler on June 04, 2009, 11:34:26 PM
even if it's not the case i love that .gif

well it seems to be obviously the case seeing that gif...

pretty sweet

RegularKarate

Quote from: Pas Rap on June 05, 2009, 07:03:53 AM

Not really, they addressed it already.  The background they're using for the gif was created and built just to match the background.  It's not like actual straight frames directly from the games.  They basically colored in the outline with mario stuff.

It's funny though.

tpfkabi

Quote from: RegularKarate on June 05, 2009, 10:48:24 AM
Quote from: Pas Rap on June 05, 2009, 07:03:53 AM

Not really, they addressed it already.  The background they're using for the gif was created and built just to match the background.  It's not like actual straight frames directly from the games.  They basically colored in the outline with mario stuff.

It's funny though.

damb the internet and it's lies!

picolas

that's not a lie! the landscape of mario lines up. sure they had to make a big mosaic. it's not going to be inch for inch an actual mario level. this is still amazing.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Although that would make an awesome Mario level.

I wish there were more Marios like Yoshi's Island.  What the world needs now -- more than ever -- is more expolrable side scrollers.  I'm talking to you Super Metroid, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and to a lesser extent Viewtiful Joe.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye