Does Dakota Fanning piss you off? (child actor discussion)

Started by Stefen, July 05, 2005, 10:49:35 PM

Stefen

It was Anywhere But Here. You act like she refused to take her clothes off for Bertolucci or something. She was nominated for an Academy Award for playing a stripper for Nichols. I doubt her refusing to do a sex scene in Anywhere But Here is because she's an incompetent actress or because she's an amateur. Her roles suggest she's not afraid to play something "edgy"

TAKE IT BACK!! TAKE IT BACK RIGHT NOW!!!! ALL OF IT!!!  :yabbse-angry:

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Stefen on March 08, 2009, 05:41:15 AM
It was Anywhere But Here. You act like she refused to take her clothes off for Bertolucci or something. She was nominated for an Academy Award for playing a stripper for Nichols. I doubt her refusing to do a sex scene in Anywhere But Here is because she's an incompetent actress or because she's an amateur. Her roles suggest she's not afraid to play something "edgy"

TAKE IT BACK!! TAKE IT BACK RIGHT NOW!!!! ALL OF IT!!!  :yabbse-angry:

A-M-A-T-E-U-R.....I'm still more concerned about the nun role. I don't care about the Anywhere But Here situation. The scene wouldnt have required nudity, but she was still really young at the time.

SiliasRuby

Its good to see GT discussing something so ridiculous.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: SiliasRuby on March 08, 2009, 11:28:20 AM
Its good to see GT discussing something so ridiculous.

The credentials of whether Natalie Portman is a professional or amateur is ridiculous? I'm getting a little goofy with Stefen, but I do believe she is an actress who is very limited in what roles she can do. She has a natural charm to the way she carries herself and only does roles that allow her to show it. She reminds me of Audrey Hepburn in that fashion. Both actresses made huge impressions on screen, but they never distanced themselves much from the core of their personality.

Pas

the Role Models kid Bobbe J. Thompson played in 30 Rock and was fucking awesome again. This kid has monster potential... monster

SiliasRuby

He does but he could be typecast as the foulmouth kid for the next year or so.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

private witt

Quote from: SiliasRuby on March 07, 2009, 10:07:50 PM
but on the other hand Cook has turned in decent performances.

LOL, NO HE HAS FUCKING NOT!!!!!!
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks