Curb Your Enthusiasm

Started by Banky, October 06, 2003, 04:47:13 PM

Kal

modage

Quote from: // w ø l r å s on April 22, 2010, 05:04:26 PM
Quote from: MacGuffin on April 20, 2010, 04:27:08 PM
With 70 episodes to date, "Curb" has become HBO's longest-running scripted series.

What an appropriate show to set such a record.

That's a misleading figure because though it's been on the air the longest techinically (with HUGE gaps in between seasons) Entourage has more episodes (with 85 to date).  That seems more indicative of HBO these days.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

diggler

sopranos had 86 episodes. i'm sure curb will end up passing both but yea thats a wonky figure.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Pubrick

Quote from: ddiggler on May 19, 2010, 04:07:20 PM
sopranos had 86 episodes. i'm sure curb will end up passing both

probly not if this is the last season.  (70+10=80)

but yeah mod's right, the article is not really inaccurate it's just stating two separate facts as if they are related.. journalism!
under the paving stones.

Derek

Ricky Gervais set to 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' and more for HBO
Comedian quickly becoming a network staple
Published on Saturday, Jun 12, 2010 By HitFix Staff

Credit: AP PhotoRicky Gervais is getting serious about HBO.  Sure, his BBC series "Extras" found its American home on the cable network.  Yes, his animated "The Ricky Gervais Show" was just picked up for a second season.  And, of course, we can't forget his stand up special on the network.  However, its Gervais' appearance on the new season of Larry David's "Curb Your Enthusiasm" that will perk the interest of many Sunday night viewers.

Gervais wouldn't provide many details to industry trade Variety except to announce he'd be playing himself and be featured in the 8th episode.  It's unclear if he'll appear in more than one episode, but rival trade The Hollywood Reporter (who was scooped on the story) insists it's just that one.  Last season, arguably the best in the show's history, the former cast of "Seinfield" and Rosie O'Donnell appeared as themselves in multiple episodes and different storylines.  Production on season eight is expected to begin this summer for a 2011 return.

In other news, the British comedian confirmed he may also bring his latest BBC pilot, "Life's Too Short," to the cable network.  Developed with longtime collaborator Stephen Merchant, "Short" stars Warwick Davis and centers on the hardships of being a dwarf in the entertainment industry.  Both Gervais and Merchant will co-star in the series if it gets a green light.

And, most importantly, Gervais will return to host the 2011 Golden Globe Awards. A gig that was announced a staggering nine months early this past April.  Of course, that's on NBC, but we gotta throw it in there for context.

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cronopio 2

cronopio 2

haiku review:

girl scouts are funny,
his soul is separated
from actual lives.

Stefen

Episode 1 of season 8 sucked, but episode 2 was one of the funniest episodes of Curb I've ever seen. The boobs, Richard Lewis returning, Leon being ghetto, white women being white, everyone scared of being racist, it had everything. The Capo raising her fists to Larry was one of the funniest moments in Curb history.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cronopio 2

last night's was the funniest episode in the series that comes to my mind. so irreverent and spot on. and jeff was so good.  i think the thing about this show is that larry's probably too cocky to be likeable, but in this one he was just fine. LOL.

Kal

Quote from: cronopio 2 on July 25, 2011, 08:54:24 PM
last night's was the funniest episode in the series that comes to my mind.

Agreed. Too many great things in one episode. Funkhouser is pure gold this season. Jeff, Sammie, Susie, Palestineans, LOL, everything was perfect.

Stefen

It was hilarious. The last two episodes have been some of my favorites of the series. I didn't think it could come back and be awesome, but it has.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Stefen

Ricky Gervais killed on the last episode of Curb. This has been one of the best seasons.

Pedro

It really has.  Bringing on the extra writers has tightened up the stories.  And I'm very excited to see what interactions Larry has with New Yorkers (if there is anything different about it, etc).  

The Palestinian chicken episode was very very strong, but my favorite moment of the season thus far is Larry's interactions with the residents of the battered women shelter.  (Michael Hitchcock's silent talking was amazing as well).  For me, some of the best Curb happens when you can get behind Larry and his outrage(the pig parker, chat and cut, poop on the lawn, etc).  But of course, what would the show be without his selfish and inconsiderate actions?  

Very happy with this season.

pete

ricky gervais proved to be a formidable opponent. he needs more ricky or more formidable opponents. an arch-nemesis, if you will.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton