ossscar: lord of the rings :(

Started by underdog, March 24, 2003, 12:16:03 AM

underdog

i feel so sorry for peter jacksons and the rest of the people who work on lord of the rings.. it was a great movie but it did not  get more than 3 oscar...
"This is my week off, so pack up,
take the kids, and I'll see you in a week"

picolas

Quote from: underdogit did not  get more than 3 oscar...

i know i would cry.

sphinx

i'm moving all the oscar threads into the everything else forum just because.

MacGuffin

Quote from: underdogi feel so sorry for peter jacksons and the rest of the people who work on lord of the rings.. it was a great movie but it did not  get more than 3 oscar...

I feel sorry for the Far From Heaven people who got nothing! Thank God for the Independent Spirit Awards.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

Yeah, I didn't feel too bad for TT. Everyone's expecting Jackson to take the cake next year, so to speak. Save the best for last.

pgr

Yeah... most ppl figure that LOTR is basically one film so the third installment will receive all the awards.. I'm not sure though..

ProgWRX

Even though i LOVED Fellowship, i thought that Two Towers went nowhere fast. I understand that it *is* that way in the books, being the middle of the arc and whatnot, but I even think that the nomination for best picture was only a favor to new line/peter jackson hehe I dont believe it deserved to be there, unlike Fellowship..  again all in all IMO.  8)
-Carlos

The Silver Bullet

Next year Peter Jackson will have people throwing Oscars at him. Return Of The King indeed.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

ProgWRX

Why are we so sure about this? (according to a couple of other posters in this thread)  any inside scoop?
-Carlos

Cecil

Quote from: ProgWRXWhy are we so sure about this? (according to a couple of other posters in this thread)  any inside scoop?

i think its more of a gut feeling. and it seems logical.

Derek

I might catch Hell for this...but TTT didn't seem to advance the story all that much. That said, it is certainly the greatest movie ever committed to cellulite.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Gold Trumpet

The Lord of the Rings hype seems pretty much on tha backburner for academy voters and general consideration to win any real awards. I think the third installment will speak the same as the second. It will get nominations but that's it. The only hype about the third one is just for how much action there will be in the movie. Something not really warming to an insitution like the Oscars. Lord of The Rings hype feels to be getting old already with critics only being able to say how its visuals are so great and what not. I wasn't even impressed by the visuals or special effects anyways, so I am not looking forward to the Third, but will watch it on the second week of release once it get pasts losing its virginity to every single fanboy in my area 20 times over.

~rougerum

Redlum

If you've read Return of the King, you know its the best. And I know the final shot will be classed as one of the great cinematic moments in years to come. Its scary, its exciting, its sad and its triumphant.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

The Silver Bullet

QuoteThe only hype about the third one is just for how much action there will be in the movie. Something not really warming to an insitution like the Oscars.

Yes. The Academy just hates action.

QuoteAnd I know the final shot will be classed as one of the great cinematic moments in years to come.

Oh, yeah! Without a doubt. Especially if it is followed by a jump cut to black. And what with Sean Astin having emerged as one of the best parts of the trilogy...
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

©brad

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetThe Lord of the Rings hype seems pretty much on tha backburner for academy voters and general consideration to win any real awards. I think the third installment will speak the same as the second. It will get nominations but that's it.

~rougerum

wait.